GameStop - GME - Share Chat

GameStop Corp. (more known simply as GameStop) is an American video game, consumer electronics, and wireless services retailer. The company is headquartered in Grapevine, Texas, United States, a suburb of Dallas, and operates 7,267 retail stores throughout the United States, Australia, New Zealand, and Europe.[3] The company’s retail stores primarily operate under the GameStop, EB Games, ThinkGeek, and Micromania brands.

In addition to retail stores, GameStop also owns Game Informer, a video game magazine; Simply Mac, an Apple products reseller; and Spring Mobile, an AT&T wireless reseller.

Wikipedia: GameStop - Wikipedia
Google Finance: https://www.google.com/search?q=NYSE:GME&tbm=fin#scso=_p44vXMe6MM2N1fAPoKKRiAM2:0

4 Likes

Gamestop would be very good to have especially before the new generation of consoles are released.

4 Likes

This is a company that I really want to invest in, Would be amazing to have this on Freetrade!

3 Likes

I cant see any reason to invest in this stock. It looks like its dying

2 Likes

GameStop Corp.
GME (NYSE)

1 Like

I’m fairly sure this company is dead. Might see a bounce when next-gen consoles arrive at the end of the year?

2 Likes

I’m not confident in them as a business, but from what I heard they apparently have a stupidly high dividend yield which if true would make it very tempting…

1 Like

You heard wrong.

They still spent money on share buybacks after this, not that it helped.

1 Like

Damn that sucks but oh well.

1 Like

Good company to short but that’s it. They’re way too far gone, bit like pizza express. That huge debt pile and they’ve suddenly binned off promos and increased prices. Wow, they actually are similar thinking about it.

1 Like

Gamestop could potentially be a good investment as the PlayStation 5 is set for release later later this year

1 Like

I reckon that’s already priced in and that’s a terrible prospect.

2 Likes

I agree it’s priced in. I bought shares last year on the prospect of next gen sales and sold at the end of the year for a small profit. GME is a zombie

2 Likes

Ouch

4 Likes

I’ve been reading and still don’t understand what happened! :exploding_head:

1 Like

Let’s face it, Gamestop was on it’s way out. It still is, this isn’t gonna last.

1 Like

Disagree lads, WallStreetBets is riding this rocket to the moon. (Reddit if anyone is interested)

We are going to hit 50/100 per share. Let’s all be rich together

3 Likes

That was where I ended-up reading - how did they do it?!

1 Like

This is just a short squeeze right? I don’t see how the long term prospects of video game retail have changed.

1 Like

Supposedly the short squeeze hasnt properly started yet but it’s up 20% premarket. :rocket:

1 Like