Horizonte Minerals - HZM - Share chat

Could you add Horizonte Minerals HZM please

Big demand from Tesla for Nickel could see Horizonte land a huge contract!
Let’s see

2 Likes

Bumping this… absolutely huge potential for growth with a £60m market cap and the recent announcement of $325m of funding from 5 international banks for their Araguaia mine in Brazil.
With demand for nickel expected to rise in the future

3 Likes

Hi there, could we please request this stock?

Horizonte Minerals plc (AIM/TSX) is a nickel development company focused in Brazil, which wholly owns the advanced Araguaia ferronickel project and the Vermelho nickel-cobalt project, located to the south of the Carajás mineral district. The Company is developing Araguaia into the next major ferronickel mine in Brazil, with targeted production by 2022. The Company’s strong institutional shareholder structure, which includes Teck Resources Limited, Canaccord Genuity Group, Richard Griffiths, Lombard Odier Asset Management (Europe) Limited, JP Morgan, Hargreaves Lansdown and Glencore, demonstrates that institutions recognise the true potential of the asset and back the high calibre team behind it.

Overview of HZM - https://horizonteminerals.com/uk/en/insights/building-a-sustainable-mining-business-from-the-ground-up/

1 Like

+1 in support of this

2 Likes
  • Another one (voted)
1 Like

Any update on this? When can expect to see this on the Freetrade app?

Hi Ali :wave:
We are looking into adding it as part of next week’s batch. Watch this space :eyes:

4 Likes

Thanks @Catrinel… Looking forward to seeing HZM on Freetrade!! :grin:

Check your app now, @Ali. :wink:

2 Likes

Many thanks Viktor and team! Now I’ve got more reasons than one to get Freetrade Plus!! :+1:

Bit of momentum building here…?

Definitely some momentum building now. Whilst there’s still a bit to go yet it’s an exciting prospect!

Big step forward today and derisked further, hoping that this is going to come on line just at the right moment…

Further good news for any fellow HZM investors. All moving along nicely at the moment…

Hi All,

I am currently waiting on Freetrade to advise further but thought I’d post on here a) to let anyone else who it may effect know and b) see if anyone else has had an answer.

I have gone to add to my HZM position this afternoon but was unable to do so with the Buy button greyed out. After querying this with Freetrade they have advised "We have since had to remove it due to technical reasons relating to the ongoing stamp duty issue. :pensive:
You can still sell this stock but you won’t be able to buy more and it won’t be available in the Discover tab.
"

This is quite a blow which hopefully can be resolved (if it’s in freetrades hands) but I was unaware of any ‘stamp duty issues’?

No expert on this, so someone can correct me if wrong

Short answer: HZM stamp duty exemption might have ended recently as it’s listing on TSX (Toronto) means the exemption doesn’t apply.

Long answer: A read around seems to indicate even though HZM is an AIM listed stock, which would in the majority of cases mean it’s exempt from stamp duty as it’s listed on a recognised growth market.
Turns out a listing on a recognised exchange local or foreign mean this exemption wouldn’t apply.
HZM is dual listed on TSX.

From the data/retail investor PDF here - London Stock Exchange | London Stock Exchange

And here, where a spreadsheet is downloadable with a list of exempt shares (linked from the PDF above) - Login - Euroclear

It doesn’t list HZM in there, the spreadsheet does include an exemption end date, so presumably that was recently and Freetrade have to start applying stamp duty going forward.

2 Likes

Thanks for that Ryan, hopefully a temporary hiccup rather than anything permanent then.

1 Like

20:1 share consolidation (resolution 8) got voted through at the AGM - London Stock Exchange | London Stock Exchange

1 Like

I have been in communication with Freetrade over the above issue that I mentioned but unfortnuatley customer services can’t provide any timescales on when the problem may be fixed.

It is really frustrating to be monitoring a stock like this and then when your entry point is hit to have the rug pulled from under your feet.

Are any of the community able to tag into the thread an appropriate member of Freetrade staff who may be able to provide a bit more colour as to what the problem is? It doesn’t appear other brokers are having the issue and as a consequence (and reluctantly) is making me think about using my ISA allowance elsewhere for this year.

Even a rough timescale or where it ranks on Freetrade priorities would at least allow some forward planning.

Hi @Rajan07

Is there anything further you could add to or expand upon for the above?
And/or when this share might be available to buy again

Assuming it is the requirement for stamp duty to be applied to this (HZM), PAF and whatever other shares might be affected.

Cheers

1 Like