Illumina (ILMN) - Share Chat

http://www.google.com/finance?q=NYSE:ILMN

need this added

1 Like

I’d like this added too please

1 Like

Illumina (ILMN-NASDAQ) - A gene sequencing company that will be disrupting the healthcare sector for the next decade, a sector that’s currently worth $110 billion and predicted to grow 5-6 times that in the next decade. Would be great to get it on here…

2 Likes

Surprised this one doesn’t have more votes. At the forefront of gene sequencing. Taking in nearly a billion dollars a quarter. Huge potential.

1 Like

Upvoting this. Would be an interesting stock to take a punt on.

2 Likes

Would very much like to see Illumina added as keen to invest in this stock.

1 Like

Moved your post to this topic to avoid vote dilution. Make sure you vote for the stock at the top.

1 Like

Note that they do have competition, and depending on how things go, they could continue to lead the market, or become forgotten.

2 Likes

+1 - this is much overdue to be added!

1 Like

Add this

1 Like

Very true, work with their products a lot and they are by far and away market leaders, but genetic sequencing is one of those fields where a technology can come seemingly out of no where and completely take market share I.e. if oxford nanopore manage to significantly improve the accuracy of their technology it is plausible it can take over, long read sequencing is what everyone is yearning for plus they have options for devices you can use in the field

1 Like

I just finished up my review of Illumina.

I agree with @Savage87, it’s a field where it’s easy to get displaced without consistent investment into your own technology.

I was surprised at the high profit margin considering the reinvestment into the business, and their investment arm.

It’s super overpriced right now but it’s a really solid quality investment in my eyes, they have the kind of balance sheet you’d expect from a stable investment while still being in the healthcare space.

I have it down as a long term buy but right now the analyst estimates are largely out of date, meaning it might be worth holding off if you want to try and get it at a better price. We know Q2 is going to be rough and lower than expected, so an incoming discount might be due, or it’s already expected (given they announced lower than expected numbers.)

1 Like
1 Like

BIG move for Illumina, Cathy wood is probably regretting unceremoniously dumping her whole position recently…! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

She never admits that she’s wrong and is incredibly convincing usually. The company hasn’t fully matured and there is still quite a bit of growth left (partly through acquisitions)

she (sort of) admitted she was wrong about 3d Printing, but I think Illumina still has good growth for the future, I did sell my position after the pop today. But still have exposure through SMT

1 Like