[Request] Orsted - ORSTED.CO [DanishšŸ‡©šŸ‡°]

I spotted the news about the contact in the US and it was one of the reasons I jumped on. That plus I needed a place to put some money Iā€™d just taken from Argo Blockchain (with a 60% loss).

Orsted looks as though itā€™s dropped quite a lot from previous highs but from what I know, itā€™s the market leader and thereā€™s a hell of a lot of growth still ahead especially in the USAā€™s grossly underdeveloped offshore wind sector.

Do you get to work offshore? That looks like an absolutely fantastic job to have.

Orsted is about 6.3% of INRG and 1% of IESG, both of which are on Freetrade. Not sure which other etfs hold it - @finki will probably know!

2 Likes

Sounds like a plan and canā€™t go wrong with Orsted in the long run. The shift they made from DONG energy oil & gas into renewables is market leading.

Yeah I work offshore and have been on a good few Orsted sites. You also get to take some quality pictures every so often and Iā€™m lucky to call this my officeā€¦

2 Likes

Pffā€¦ never trust an energy company thatā€™s never set the Gulf Of Mexico on fire.

Is Orsted still 51% owned by the Danish government? Iā€™m a huge fan of state capitalism like that, as opposed to the regime in the UK which just sells off the nationā€™s family silver to the chummiest bidder for short term gain.

Fantastic picture - donā€™t drop your camera!

2 Likes

Hahaā€¦Iā€™m not too sure I know it was mainly state owned when it was DONG Energy but not too sure what stake they have now.

Sound advice and donā€™t want to drop anything from this height! :grimacing:

1 Like

Website says 50.1% Danish state (havenā€™t read the note in the financial statements :slight_smile: )

1 Like

The German state of Lower Saxony holds an 11.8% stake in Volkswagen.

1 Like

Ah thanks! Well I see that as a sign of a good future.

Stop stopā€¦ youā€™re just reminding me how bad the UK government is.

That 11.8% stake comes with 20% of the voting rights via the original VW 1960 privatisation - enough for them to veto major decisions such as plant closures.

They certainly have enough of a plan for me to have invested a fair sum ( not advice :wink: ). Maybe one day I even could even buy them on Freetrade ā€¦

1 Like

With OTCMKTS available Iā€™ve got my fingers crossed for this one.

If it goes live can we get a cool new picture from a turbine somewhere @1471s ?

2 Likes

Sounds like a deal! If we get Orsted I will post another picture no problem. :slight_smile:

1 Like

This has all the hallmarks of a company about to take a real rise on the markets. I can get it from at least one other trading platform BUT with a hefty commission deduction. PLEASE ADD IT.
It has hit a recent low and as such would be a good time to jump on the bandwagon for anyone looking to invest.

3 Likes

Is there any chance that Orsted A/S will be added to FT shares universe, please?

Orsted is a Denmark-based energy company engaged in procuring, producing, distributing and trading energy and related products in NW Europe.
They operate through 3 segments:

• Wind Power = development, construction and operations of wind farms;
  • Bioenergy and Thermal Power = generation of electricity and heat from thermal power stations; and
  • Distribution and Customer Solutions = purchase, sale and distribution of energy.

Would love to be able to invest in them via FT! :money_mouth_face::star_struck::zap:

1 Like

Thanks for the request, itā€™s always good practice to search before starting a new request (it not immediately clear) as in many cases there is already a request going. Keeping goes and discussions in one places help demonstrate the demand for the Freetrade team for it to be added.

In this case Freetrade donā€™t currently support the danish exchange but as one of the biggest companies there itā€™ll be supported

1 Like

Can any of the FT team advise when it will arrive on the app? Iā€™m really keen to buy and would hold off on some other investments if I thought it would be soon. Thank you

1 Like

@freetradeteam any updates on this? Thanks

1 Like

A largely state owned power company and itā€™s DOWN over these last crazy 12 months?

There can only be one explanation. You know. You all know exactly who I am. Say my name.

6 Likes

Boris :rofl:

@freetradeteam let us have it plz. It even has an LSE ticker so shouldnā€™t be too hard

I have Orsted via AJ Hell and they canā€™t even get the graph or any data working for this stockā€¦ and theyā€™re supposed to be an established (and very expensive) broker.