Polar Capital (POLR) - Share Chat

Which fund ? They have the polar technology fund already

Not a fund. The company itself.

Just looked them up. They have a lot of assets under management across multiple funds. I already hold their technology fund. I would be very interested to have shares in the holding company.

Yield is sitting at around 7.75% at the moment with good dividend growth.

This is a definite bonus to have in your portfolio.

3 Likes

My mistake for not reading the post properly. I can see the ticker now

3 Likes

Polar Capital Holdings plc is a research driven investment management. company providing a highly entrepreneurial environment for. outstanding portfolio managers within a structure that offers. a level of marketing, administrative and operational support. normally found in much larger organisations.

2 Likes

Been trying to find out what the holdings specific to this ticker are but it doesnā€™t seem like thatā€™s available right now.

1 Like

Does anyone know why this stock is dropping in price so much?

1 Like

All of their funds are taking a beating due to increase in inflation and overall market wobble.

Means less performance fees and assets under management for them.

1 Like

Thanks for that MW

1 Like

Ā£11.20 divi for my small holding :slightly_smiling_face:

15% in a day? Whatā€™s happening here then?

1 Like

I donā€™t know. It has been a race to the bottom for just over a year.

I have a rule on investing, once returns reach 20% I look to sell and invest elsewhere.
With luck Iā€™ll be able to buy some more Phoenix at sub Ā£5. Failing that maybe more Lloyds at sub 50p.

1 Like

best advice ever :slight_smile:

Some of the best minds in this space would disagree with you on thisā€¦

ā€œSelling your winners and holding your losers is like cutting the flowers and watering the weedsā€ is probably one of Peter Lynchā€™s most famous quotes. It packs a lot of wisdom in a relatively small number of words. Itā€™s so good that even Warren Buffett (Trades, Portfolio) of Berkshire Hathaway Inc (BRK.A, Financial) (BRK.B, Financial) called Lynch to ask if he could use the quote.

1 Like

It is not what was advocated. There was no mention of holding losers.

If you keep simple rule of waiting until shares are up 20% before selling them then youā€™ll end up holding all the shares that havenā€™t gone anywhere and selling the ones that do well. Personally if you were going to follow simple rule like this then Iā€™d do the exact opposite - sell the shares that go down by 20% and reinvest proceeds in the ones that are doing well!

1 Like

In Gna take the money and run this time.
Iā€™ve decided to prioritise holidays and paying off the mortgage rather than trying to grow the portfolio.

Iā€™m not worried if I miss out on potential profit just donā€™t fancy making any more big losses.

1 Like