Rolls-Royce - RR - Share Chat

Great stock, great long term investment in my opinion which is what Freetrade is all about!

Rolls is moving up right now nice and steady

TICKER : RR

Can Rolls Royce Holdings be added?

2 Likes

Please add easyJet and rolls Royce

vote here:

and here…

1 Like

I really want to invest in this and a couple of other “nationality declaration” stocks. Looks like I’ll have to consider other platforms. Not great as Trading212 is closed to new investors.

This doesn’t make sense why someone has flagged your message. It talks truth, and obviously a few investors are frustrated at having to use an alternative platform as RR is not available to us. 2 years is a very long time to get a request through, and it makes no sense to hide the fact that a number of us would happily pump more money into FT if available to us.

3 Likes

FT gets it that a lot of people want this stock.

Trading 212 is 15 years old and FT is just over 3 years old. Product priorities are different for FT at this stage and they’ll to this stock when they think this is priority.

2 Likes

Normally doesn’t take this long. It’s the Nationality Declaration bit that’s holding up this and some airline stocks.

I agree it’s frustrating that it’s taking so long to get nationality declarations sorted

2 Likes

T212 have been around longer - however their IOS app was released in 2012… an app was not their first primary port of call for getting customers (hence why they have a web application that customers can use)

FT was specifically put together as a mobile platform. With the advances in technology things move a lot quicker and as a mobile app… it should have caught up to T212 by now… considering what they pulled off over a weekend with the GME debacle. The fact it’s an app only platform they should understand their target market want everything as quick as possible… if they don’t get it… they download another app and thats another potential customer lost.

This sucks for FT only account holders, this is why just like the rule around diversifying your portfolio, you should also apply the the same ideas around accounts with different brokers. Even if FT improves vastly to compete with 212, I would never fully go all in with them, or any other one single broker…

3 Likes

This is good advice, and I have my RR and BAE shares on T212 along with about another 10 that FT don’t accomodate or are in the plus only listing. On the other hand though, if you want your investment in your ISA and keep it below the FCA limit, I don’t see that it makes any difference adding to one platform. I can see RR really picking up in value (DYOR) and as my ISA is with FT, any tax implications will have to be considered.

1 Like

yes - these are my thoughts exactly - ive just bought a small position in them via T212, as I see potential, but would have gone for a bigger chunk if I could have done it via FT into my ISA.

1 Like

This is a British staple and I would love to see it on Freetrade.

I moved over to Freetrade from IG and my Rolls Royce shares are stuck there

Please. PLEASE. Use the search facility.

5 Likes

This has been asked for a gazillion times!!!

Vote here :point_down:

RR.L to add please.
As for request

Please search before posting. Doing so would bring up many RR request threads and likely inform you as to why it’s not yet been added. Spoiler alert, it’s national declaration. Feel free to vote on the thread linked below.

3 Likes

Ahh thanks. I didn’t know I needed to vote on the specific trade.
But now I know and will use the thread.
Thanks