[Request] Samsung Electronics - SMSN

Samsung TV is the most popular.

1 Like

Samsung look like they are going to make a real effort to catch up to TSMC in 2022/23 through massive investment in their foundry business. SemiWiki had a decent article covering this but it doesn’t seem to be publicly available any more, but it’s also got plenty of coverage in the broader media.

If Intel really is out of the game then it will be interesting to see the duopoly of logic fab and duopsony on EUV tools plays out for the next couple of years.

Either way would love to see this included in FT coverage, especially as there are GDRs on the LSE and it should be ISA eligible (unlike TSMC)

2 Likes

Samsung has released SmartThingsFind, which uses AR to find your phone.

1 Like

Please add SMSN !

4 Likes

@Freetrade_Admin Do you know if there are any plans in the pipeline to make this addition?

Thanks!

1 Like

Samsung is planning to take 1st rank in the Foundry semiconductor industry (PEPless) until 2030. Also, the Korean government actively supports the industry all over Korea (Samsung, Sk Hynix, etc). Samsung is the first rank in D-ram business and 2nd rank is SK Hynix. After AWS, google, MS announced to develop their data server/cloud, those two companies are the main provider in the world (Samsung hold 43% of the market, and SK-Hynix holds 34% of the market). The supercycle is coming this year or next year which they will make more than a $60B supercycle deal is coming.
Please add [Samsung electronics] and [SK hynix].

1 Like

Yup we really need this, I think Samsung is the ~12th largest public company (depending on if you count aramco) and it’s crazy that it’s not covered.

I still favour TSMC for logic foundry leadership, but I’d rather not have all my eggs in one basket. It seems the rest of the world feel the same way and I think Samsung will be a big beneficiary of the EU, US efforts to onshore high-end fabs in the coming years.

2 Likes

SMSNGDR - Samsung ELECTRONICS CO LTD can you add this on freetrade

In future, please search prior to posting a request. Samsung has been requested lots before.

Please add Samsung

Yes Samsung is a great option

Yep, add Samsung please!

Guys please add SAMSUNG! It’s gonna be huge with the Digital health watches.

It’s a must have.

1 Like

Years later and still no Samsung on Freetrade? Are we going to have to find new brokers?

Voted. +1

That’s because they know how big it’s going to be… Digital Health, same as IOTA Communications which is the framework for the internet that the smart cities will be built upon…

Digital Health, Drones, Robotics. That’s where your stocks should go.

What a stupid comment!!! It is NOTHING to do with FT knowing how big it is going to be. You are implying they want us to lose money which would make their business model redundant :joy: There are many reasons like national declaration that restrict their options at the moment.

Yes it would be great to add but calm down with the conspiracies :stuck_out_tongue:

3 Likes

You lack knowledge sadly.

And what knowledge do I lack about FT not adding Samsung “because they know how big it’s going to be”?

Samsung are a great company I wish we could buy but we can’t at the moment and FT are not with-holding due to them thinking it will be big.

2 Likes

@Oogunn9 with all due respect you’ve displayed no knowledge on the situation and you’ve chosen a very valuable member of the FT forum to pick a fight with (@Big-g) Thats an odd way to join a community.

So here is the answer is the answer for you -

With the power of duck duck go you can find that SMST is traded on the LSE IOB LSE IOB (international order book) and this means it is done using [GDR (global deposit receipts)] (Global Depositary Receipt (GDR) Definition) I do not believe these are something Freetrade support currently. I’m sure it is on an internal roadmap but to suggest FT are deliberately trying to stop you making money is laughable when that how they make money.

FYI is down 9% YTD the S&P500 is up 22% in the same time frame. Maybe an ETF would suit you better given this stock pick.

4 Likes