[Request] Space Exploration ETF

That is one hell of a post sir!

1 Like

An interesting tweet below which may help speculating about possible holdings for ARKX (when it launches), some of them already available on :freetrade:

1 Like

Yeah, I’d hope thats definitely refined (didn’t know you could buy space-faring tractors…). There’s also plenty of big names like Maxar & Loral that deserve top weighting and a couple of new SPACs. I can tell ARKX will be substantially different just from the information they’ve released about it so far.

ARK ETFs can’t be added, check other posts.

Airbus being added onto this ETF, surely we should be able to get this ETF.

It’s not possible to add ARK etfs. Have you read the previous comments? :slight_smile:
Not sure what that has to do with Airbus. You can’t even buy Airbus on Freetrade.

Airbus is a UK stock and is being added to the new ARKX, what I’m saying is that if a UK company is being added to this ETF then surely we should get some sort of access in general. Also bare in mind there are other financial investments firms regulated by the FCA which have ARK ETFs. I would appreciate if you do some research. KiFID Documents may not be available to the broker Freetrade are using doesn’t mean that can’t change.

I hope you understand that angle

I understand, you’re just wrong in some things. Sure, if you’re an accredited investor you could theoretically buy that. You aren’t and freetrade has no incentive to offer it since (almost) nobody on here would qualify.

And neither is Airbus a UK company. They’re not even listed in the UK, but on a bunch of European exchanges. It’s part owned by other european governments (mostly France, Spain, Germany) and it’s form is that of an SE (Societas Europea). :grin:

1 Like

Alright I’ll give you that LOL but still it’s close enough. ETORO just got access to the ARK ETFs now, we just want justice out here.

You can’t buy ARK ETF stocks in the UK on any broker. What is offered on eToro is CFDs not stocks.

I was reading about this the other day, should be a great addition to Freetrade once added.

1 Like

Thank you for the response, what about interactive brokers and stake? There not CFD?

The issue I have in investing in Space Exploration and Drones is alot of the key players have a big military focus. I think space exploration and especially drones is really exciting but on a completely personal level I don’t like the idea in investing in stocks with such a military emphasis.

I don’t know about Stake but I just checked my IBKR account and they don’t allow retail investors to buy the ARKs. It’s a legal limitation so you won’t find any UK-based broker offering it to you.

Thats the nature of space right now, governments are going to want to exploit this new avenue and ultimately no one gets anything done in space unless a government says so. There are a few ways to invest without a military focus - most of the satcom players are civilian (apart from Loral) and others like OHB and Maxar really only extened to reconnaissance (although Maxar has lots of contracts with quite unsavoury bodies such as DHS). The tech companies like Momentus and Mynaric are also fairly innocent.

Here is a screenshot of IB and Stake where you can purchase ARK ETF.

Make it so.

1 Like

Well, the holdings have been released ahead of the listing tomorrow and, boy is it dissapointing!

80% of it is drone related or to do with 3D printing. They haven’t even bothered with individual names like Velo3D, just put the entire PRNT etf in. The only pure-play in SPCE at 2%. Netflix has almost the same weighting.

Just another chance to shamelessly plug my ever-expanding list of actual space stocks, many of which are available on :freetrade:

2 Likes

Europes first Space ETF launched last week on LSE - Procure Space UCITS ETF - YODA

Top holdings include

ORBCOMM INC USD 0.001
DISH NETWORK COR USD 0.01
GARMIN LTD CHF 0.1
SIRIUS XM HOLDI USD 0.001
TRIMBLE INC USD NPV
EUTELSAT COMMUNICAT EUR 1
VIRGIN GALACTI USD 0.0001
SES EUR NPV
ECHOSTAR CORP-A USD 0.001
WEATHERNEWS INC JPY NPV

3 Likes