[Request] Space Exploration ETF [Duplicate. Marked for closing]

I don’t know about Stake but I just checked my IBKR account and they don’t allow retail investors to buy the ARKs. It’s a legal limitation so you won’t find any UK-based broker offering it to you.

Thats the nature of space right now, governments are going to want to exploit this new avenue and ultimately no one gets anything done in space unless a government says so. There are a few ways to invest without a military focus - most of the satcom players are civilian (apart from Loral) and others like OHB and Maxar really only extened to reconnaissance (although Maxar has lots of contracts with quite unsavoury bodies such as DHS). The tech companies like Momentus and Mynaric are also fairly innocent.

Here is a screenshot of IB and Stake where you can purchase ARK ETF.

Make it so.

1 Like

Well, the holdings have been released ahead of the listing tomorrow and, boy is it dissapointing!

https://ark-funds.com/wp-content/fundsiteliterature/holdings/ARK_SPACE_EXPLORATION_&_INNOVATION_ETF_ARKX_HOLDINGS.pdf

80% of it is drone related or to do with 3D printing. They haven’t even bothered with individual names like Velo3D, just put the entire PRNT etf in. The only pure-play in SPCE at 2%. Netflix has almost the same weighting.

Just another chance to shamelessly plug my ever-expanding list of actual space stocks, many of which are available on :freetrade:

2 Likes

Europes first Space ETF launched last week on LSE - Procure Space UCITS ETF - YODA

Top holdings include

ORBCOMM INC USD 0.001
DISH NETWORK COR USD 0.01
GARMIN LTD CHF 0.1
SIRIUS XM HOLDI USD 0.001
TRIMBLE INC USD NPV
EUTELSAT COMMUNICAT EUR 1
VIRGIN GALACTI USD 0.0001
SES EUR NPV
ECHOSTAR CORP-A USD 0.001
WEATHERNEWS INC JPY NPV

3 Likes