Virgin Galactic - SPCE - Share Chat

Thanks for the update, will sign up to the emails.

1 Like

@101 Have you signed-up to our new list?

1 Like

3 times.

1 Like

Same problem. According to the system I’m subscribed to all emails. I don’t receive any. And, yes; I’ve checked ALL the email system settings in case it’s accidentally flagged as spam or junk.

Expect by end of year to avoid disappointment.

Their words with “soon” and a “few weeks” too many times, have lost their creditability

1 Like

Hey Phil

We actually consciously ban ourselves from using the word ‘soon’, so I hope you haven’t seen that anywhere :wink:

Seriously though, we understand it has been frustrating, and we appreciate your patience. I’ll try and explain some more about this now.

In our blog two months ago, we gave an update on the 250 new US stocks we are adding. At this time, we did anticipate it would be a few weeks (~1 month) however this has now taken a little longer.

This is because the work to add new stocks is closely linked to, and being run in parallel with, the work we are doing to deliver fractional shares.

@Duncan gave an update on this two week’s ago. A key takeaway from his post was:

We are implementing it in line with our ethos of building a sustainable business with permanent, sustainable solutions, rather than getting it out as quickly as possible. That means we have to spend the time to build it properly, fully integrated into our new Invest platform.

We have since moved closer to delivering fractions and the new stocks, to the point where we feel ‘weeks’ is now a realistic time frame to have.

Thanks again for your patience.

5 Likes

OK, we’ll check this out.

Hi Sam, thanks for taking the time to reply, much appreciated.

If only you could nudge the team to just add one most wanted US stock in the interim to appease us in the meantime. :relaxed:

2 Likes

Hoping the lockdown ends soon.

The lockdown ain’t slowing us down.

But yeah, we do also hope it ends soon…

1 Like

But maybe the lockdown is making people more impatient about all the new exciting features launching soon! Many people maybe transferring their frustration here.

3 Likes

Definitely! People have also become much more savage on calls after 4 weeks of working from home :smiley:

Completely understand that and have no problem with it. I think people were more frustrated with lack of transparency and/or honesty about how long these things would take.

7 Likes

Surprised to see they had a failed attempt at a rocket launch yesterday and the share price actually went up.

The logic of share price movement always baffles me.

Exactly, I was expecting the share price to crash like that rocket.

I believe that was Virgin Orbit, NOT Virgin Galactic. A different arm of the brand, so no reason really why would effect the price of the other IMO. (Thankfully!)

6 Likes

Correct, one is space toursim the other is for launching satellites and other tech

I’m a space exploration fan, but I’m not sure I’d invest in this company yet.

In February, the share price was almost $40. I get that the corona selloff hammered the stock, but even at today’s price, it seems a little expensive.

I think SpaceX makes money by getting satellites into orbit for various countries. It’s more of a “B2B” business model than space tourism, but might be less fickle.

On the other hand, a successful launch of the crewed Dragon mission might get more high net worth individuals interested in taking a space flight.

Anyone who bought the stock wants to make the bull case?

2 Likes

I think people confused SPCE with Virgin this week. SpaceX is Elon Musk, and they had a huge worldwide viewing on NASA YouTube (millions) as it was the first US launch since 2011, but weather has delayed until this weekend.

I don’t think spaceX is listed

1 Like