Research / News Sources / Podcasts

The FT app is my no.1… Companies, Markets, Lex and Alphaville columns daily.

Bloomberg is great because it’s free & high quality… Technology column once a week

BBC news… daily for general world affairs

YouTube… Modern Investor, Cryto Investor, Cryto Coin News, Cryto Capital Venture, Tyler S, and the Litecoin Foundation channels mainly to keep up with cryptocurrency.

The Economist… occasionally I read a free article, especially if it’s regarding a tech stock

4 Likes

I just read the about page on Finimize & am struggling to get it’s USP/purpose. :thinking:
Is it a news outlet that curates news across different platforms in a concise manner? Also, do they have an app?

2 Likes

Agree here. If I wanted a news feed, I would certainly go to Tip Ranks (AMZN as an example)

They have a really big news database that also determines whether the news are bullish or bearish. It has also got a chart showing the stock price changes and how it correlates to the news that are being published.

4 Likes

Relatively new to this investor game, other than the odd crowdfund round or bitcoin dabble. Excited, and looks like I’ve a lot of reading to do :fire:

5 Likes

Relevant to the research topic: Freetrade Invest Hub

Also, we have a new emoji: :freetrade: !

4 Likes

For people who wish to adopt a buy and hold strategy, I recommend following a number of fairly well known fund managers

• James Anderson of Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust/Baillie Gifford
  • Nick Train of Lindsell Train
  • Terry Smith of Fundsmith

And of course, who can forget, the Oracle of Omaha, Warren.

3 Likes

Byron Wien is a bit of a legend in the investing world. Recommend signing up for his market commentary. https://www.blackstone.com/media/byron-wien-market-commentary

2 Likes

Didn’t know him. Thanks, Justin!

Finimize launched their iOS app today. They’re sharing weekly roundups & alerts in a chatbot UI.

There’s not much in the app yet so it’s too early to rate it but it looks like they’ve done a good job of sticking with their approachable style.

Android app coming :soon:

4 Likes

I wonder if a Tripadvisor for platforms/brokers/robos might be quite a hard thing to do meaningfully when everyone’s journey through each will be different depending on what risk they took on. Dunno.

3 Likes

I’d recommend https://tokeneconomy.co/ for crypto news. It’s a readable roundup of the important news each week, with the authors cutting through the bs that sounds some of these projects. This week’s coverage of the IOTA debacle is a good example.

This week’s animal spirits covers Robinhood and how the legacy banks could reverse their growth, worth a listen

3 Likes

Just a quick question..

Do you read Finimize’s newsletter / use their app, at least once a week?

• Yes
  • No

0 voters

Did for a bit but didn’t hold my attention.

1 Like

I get daily emails from Finimize. They’re usually pretty short and can be read in a couple of minutes.

They also do a little ‘summary’ of the main news stories, and if they don’t interest me then I just delete the email rather than scrolling down and finding out the full story! Can be useful to get the main one or two pieces of news if you was busy that day!

2 Likes

A community member recently recommended me the Acquired podcast.

I managed to listen to the Tencent and Tesla episodes over the holidays, and those stories have more twists than a season of 24. :tv::boom:

3 Likes

I get it, probably read once a month. Haven’t used the app.

1 Like

Please share any other sources here -