Revolut Trading šŸ¦…

R3 Investor Deck. No links as itā€™s restricted access Iā€™m afraid.

1 Like

So it looks like Revolut are showing their fear of Freetrade:

https://twitter.com/dosorioalvarez/status/1064552580800499714?s=21

Well done Freetrade, youā€™re clearly doing something right. This is why I donā€™t like revolut, their product is irrelevant to me because their leadership and culture is petty.

Freetrade cares about your wealth, Revolut cares about its own (in my opinion of course).

6 Likes

For people not on twitter, the reply is :joy:

16 Likes

Couldnā€™t agree more. Thereā€™s a nasty edge to them.

3 Likes

Disgusting behaviour from Revolut. How petty and desperate!

2 Likes

Obviously a bit thick as well if he thought no one was gonna notice that :smiley:

6 Likes

Not particularly clever! 4 out of 5 of his last posts were promoting Revolut :roll_eyes:

3 Likes

I signed up to Revolut due to FOMO during the crypto run earlier this year. Quickly learned my lesson. Leaving them is really hard and I now pay 6.99 a month for the privilege. Hard to see their offering as free when weā€™re paying for the app.

Monzo has a close your account button while Revolut has a lot of friction to leave which, to me, is cynical given how easy it is to sign up.

Not a fan.

5 Likes

He might have been duped into posting this. I wouldnā€™t be surprised if heā€™s not a actual employee yet, thereā€™s been reports of ā€˜uniqueā€™ requirements for applicants, and the reports of burned out workers

3 Likes

Like I said, I donā€™t care how good their product is (or isnā€™t, I havenā€™t tried it) I refuse to reward bad behaviour.

Itā€™s the reason I never use Starling but stick with Monzo, some say the Starling app is slicker - so what! I want to do business with a company I respect.

8 Likes

:point_up: A million times this

3 Likes

I agree!

You would think they would calm down while they go through the FCA process.

Guessing the daily Freetrade rollout riled them. The only answer is to rollout faster.

2 Likes

Just out of interest, whatā€™s the issue with Starling? I havenā€™t dug into their corporate culture, but really rate their product (which I only use for travel to be fair). Considering switching my business bank account to them as it would save me at least Ā£300/month. Am I missing something?

Lack of transparency, closed their forum down with no notice possibly because the users wanted answers to questions, legacy bank with a shiny app.

Nothing shady about them as a company though and good reports about their business accounts

4 Likes

Thanks Emma, given that my business bank account is with NatWest at the moment, I think itā€™s worth a shot!

2 Likes

Agreed nothing shady (to my knowledge), Iā€™m sure they are legit and safe. My problems are more about leadership and culture:

• Closed their forum, effectively stopping the conversation and admitting they donā€™t care about customer feedback.
  • No share options for staff, so as Starling grows Anne gets rich but the staff donā€™t benefit from the rise.
  • No opportunity for others to invest (unlike Monzo and Freetrade, and even Revolut).
  • An obsession with Monzo apparently (though this is second hand to me so take that as you will).

Ultimately they just donā€™t feel like they are in the game for the customer, they just want to enrich themselves (not even their staff!).

2 Likes

I use Starling for business banking. I donā€™t like their UI much at all, especially for business, a flashy circle as the home page showing daily spend is particularly useless. Categories are also entirely unsuited to business use, and with the forum shutting down, their engagement with customers is not good. Not as bad as the Atom bank UI but itā€™s not great. Itā€™s serviceable, but Iā€™m going to move back to Tide next year. In comparison with Monzo Iā€™d say Starling donā€™t have a very good UI (the Monzo feed is way better as a way of keeping track), and are not as friendly (see policies like not allowing you to reopen an account for 12 months) but in comparison with a legacy bank it might be fine.

To go back to Revolut, they seem to be trying to do everything, with minimal customer service and have questionable ethics IMO. Not the sort of values Iā€™d like to see in a company holding my life savings.

2 Likes

Well, I was seriously considering linking my Starling account to my Freetrade account but I might have second thoughts now.

Not because of whatā€™s been said above, sinceI am very happy with my Starling app (it does what I want it to do and what I expect it to do) but Iā€™ve suddenly thought that linking a banking app to a trading app is just (to me) asking for something to go wrongā€¦

I think I might just link my old school legacy bank to be on the safe sideā€¦

Not sure I understand. Itā€™s as regulated as a legacy bank and performs most of the same functions

1 Like

I think Iā€™m just old fashioned, combiing old with new!

1 Like