Revolut Trading šŸ¦…

Is anyone else having these kind of problems? I donā€™t see many complaints in here

I had one failure, once - i havenā€™t traded much this month and donā€™t imagine i will until the New Year because of Christmas and birthdays.

Unless i get selected for the ISA then I will be trading

Had one during the very early days and was informed hours in advance - never caused issues.

I believe the reason you do not see many here is because the right channel to report such things is the in-app chat, which is where you could get best advice on what happened. Sometimes it can be something wrong on Freetradeā€™s/Exchangeā€™s side. But another reason could also be something trivial like insufficient funds to cover the transaction or a significant price change.

3 Likes

I had this happen twice during very early testing, and remember they had to turn buying off at least once. It was very early in the rollout as they were testing with the first customers so I didnā€™t think much of it. So I think probably the failure was genuine and this was just an inappropriate and ill-judged attempt to promote his companyā€™s product off the back of a failure during early beta of a competitor, not some kind of fabrication. The losing money daily argument is pretty silly though if youā€™re investing - reinforces for me that freetrade should stick to investment, not trading.

The one thing I would like to see from freetrade is a reason given for failed trades - Iā€™d be really interested to know why they failed, but thatā€™s just because Iā€™m curious.

6 Likes

Hereā€™s one we wrote earlier :smile: this seemed like a good time to publish the blog post -

9 Likes

I realise the forum isnā€™t the proper place to report problems, but Iā€™d expect to see complaints in here if people were ā€œLosing money dailyā€. Just wondering if it is a common issue or if heā€™s just trying to denigrate a competitor

2 Likes

:joy:

1 Like

Quick, someone suggest Freetrade :wink:

9 Likes

Thatā€™s got to be Chad

2 Likes

https://finance.yahoo.com/video/revolut-ceo-softbank-tie-may-093200799.html

Revolut planning to launch trading feature end of January. Freetrade will need to work quickly to prevent losing potential market share.

2 Likes

Revolutā€™s CEO has recently given an interview to a russian vc related news site vc.ru
ŠŠøŠŗŠ¾Š»Š°Š¹ Š”тŠ¾Ń€Š¾Š½ŃŠŗŠøŠ¹, Revolut: Ā«Š‘Š°Š½Šŗ ā€” сŠ»ŠøшŠŗŠ¾Š¼ стŠ°Ń€ŠøŠ½Š½Š¾Šµ сŠ»Š¾Š²Š¾ Š“Š»Ń Š½Š°ŃĀ» ā€” Š¤ŠøŠ½Š°Š½ŃŃ‹ Š½Š° vc.ru

In the interview he says that investments and roboadvising will cost 0,5% per year.

4 Likes

There will always be competition, it drives growth, Iā€™m more surprised the big companies havenā€™t moved towards free trading offers yet - either they are complacent or have something up their sleeve?

To everyone or just those paying the metal rates already?

1 Like

It certainly will drive growth, but itā€™s not everyday that you have a competitor like Revolut enter the market, so there undoubtedly will be some level of market share take here, assuming they do a full launch to their entire user base.

2 Likes

Not clear from the interview.

2 Likes

Considering that other robos offer 0.7% for everyone, it would only make sense to have 0.5% for all and maybe less for the metal users.

2 Likes

It would be interesting to see the % of Revolut customers who have the appetite for investing. Just because they have 1 million+ users doesnā€™t mean they all want to invest - also I donā€™t know what their U.K. customer size is and again what % wants to invest.

People come to Freetrade because they want to buy shares etc. Not sure what people go to revolut for.

It certainly means Freetrade should not sit on its hands, at this stage of growth all the stops need to be out.

To add: having said all that however I think revolut is a risk in Europe where there is no real competition and so they could sweep up - Freetrade need a Europe presence soon I think.

8 Likes

Is that from all regulatory sanctions? The why Lithuania question answered then. I thought EDIS was a real thing since everyone talks about it all the time

Interesting read, thanks

3 Likes
8 Likes

Good luck to Revolut to ship their platform before 2023 :laughing:

6 Likes