Robinhood Markets Inc ($HOOD) - Share chat

Robinhood is turning into a super app. In their last earnings call they said they are working on a spend and save product which will focus on day to day spending. Then there’s the stuff I mentioned above and more I don’t even recall.

1 Like

:grimacing:

Q1 2022
Revenues declined 43% vs Q1 2021
Net Loss of £392m

Its not looking well…

2 Likes

Q1 2021 would be hard to compete with given that’s when WallStreetBets was doing its thing.

Robinhood saying they won’t issue guidance anymore is a bad look.

1 Like

That’s a terrible look, like analysts won’t just do the calculations out for them with incomplete data so now they’ve lost their own narrative.

2 Likes

From the FT:

“The results came as retail brokerages that experienced a pandemic-driven boom have reported a pullback from retail investors compared to 2021. Uncertain markets, rising interest rates, lack of fiscal stimulus, return to pre-lockdown routines and inflation, which is squeezing households’ bottom lines, have contributed to investor reticence about investing”.

2 Likes

Robinhood launch stock lending.

2 Likes

They’re doing it the right way too. It’s completely optional, can be turned off at any time, and the customer gets some revenue in return for taking the risk.

7 Likes

I think it a good idea I wounder if freetrade will do the same :crossed_fingers::crossed_fingers:

1 Like

On the last earnings call Robinhood said “…we recently entered into an agreement to acquire Ziglu for $170 million, primarily in cash.” That’s a nice uplift from the last Seedrs raise in September 2021.

2 Likes

Exactly this what I really wanted - Some shares to take the risk

1 Like

FTX is becoming a direct competitor.

As an aside, the founder of FTX picked up a lot of HOOD shares a few weeks ago.

1 Like

Might be buying a few more, by a few more I mean all of them!

2 Likes

Vlad still controls 50% of voting powers at Robinhood so he would need to be onboard with this.

1 Like

Gawd bless founder-weighted dual-class share structures!

2 Likes

May U have the best cake day so far :birthday:

Send us a slice

1 Like

I didn’t notice that! That’s @Raul any excuse for cake!

The company also dropped its earnings report for the second quarter, which showed a decline in monthly active users and assets under custody.

1 Like

This isn’t a good look either:

1 Like

This is probably a worse look