Robinhood

(Dave Smith) #85

I hope not, The only crowdfunded thing I’ve done that has actually ended so far sold too early IMO, I got 3X my money back but it could have been more

(Andrew Clark) #86

I, for one, would welcome our new RobinHood overlords (at that price!)

1 Like
(Dave Smith) #87

But that’s only half a unicorn, we want full unicorn!

6 Likes

What was it you invested in?

@alex.s has Freetrade had any offers of buyout yet? (You can tell me, I won’t tell anyone else)

1 Like
(Alex Sherwood) #90

Haha! I wouldn’t tell you if we had :stuck_out_tongue: (or not like this anyway!)

1 Like

It’s ok - I’m really good at keeping secrets!

Let’s do it in code, I will give three options and you just reply with a number:

1. No buyout offers yet
  2. One or more buyout offers at £20m+
    3: As 2 but at £100m+
1 Like
(Dave Smith) #92

e-car club, It’s a car hire company with all electric cars, still seems to be growing. I would have held on to the shares if I had a choice

It’s classed as the first successful exit, and it was, but I think they jumped too early

4 Likes

Do you know how much more they have grown since your forced exit?

Actually don’t dwell on it - just dream of your Freetrade exit instead

1 Like
(Dave Smith) #94

I don’t know what the valuation is now, but they keep adding new sites so something must be going alright

Is this sooner than expected? So how will it likely affect Freetrade’s growth??

2 Likes

Robinhood certainly has the knowledge and financial clout to get an app up and running quickly. I do think Robinhood will be a fierce competitor especially if it launches with things like margin trading, crypto trading, etc.

1 Like

MarketSnacks Acquired by Robinhood creating Robinhood Snacks, a site making financial news digestible.

4 Likes
(Emily Kingseller ) #98

I found Freetrade as a result of hearing about Robinhood and, when it wasn’t available in the UK, searching for a UK equivalent so I’m sure there will be others who found there way hear through a similar route…:thinking::thinking::sunglasses:

4 Likes
(Gordon) #99

Same here, that’s also how I found Freetrade.

4 Likes

Do Freetrade use a similar model to keep trades free? I.e. routing orders.

I’m exactly the same. I wanted to use Robinhood and was disappointed to learn it wasn’t available to those in the UK. Thankfully Freetrade has filled that gap. I’ll still be interested to see what Robinhood bring to the table.

1 Like
(Eni Osonaike) #102

I doubt it. They are preoccupied with the IPO at the moment and Freetrade are taking a more measure approach in the UK.

I made video comparing the two:

2 Likes

I believe routing orders is illegal or at least against fca guidance.

4 Likes

The FCA classes front running as Insider Dealing: https://www.handbook.fca.org.uk/handbook/MAR/1/3.html

I guess we’re not as capitalist as USA. Maybe that’s why Robin Hood have put off UK expansion for this long, because their model is not allowed. I’m just speculating and am not experienced in this area!

4 Likes