Rolls-Royce - RR - Share Chat

Rolls-Royce Holdings plc is a British multinational public limited company incorporated in February 2011 that owns Rolls-Royce, a business established in 1904 which today designs, manufactures and distributes power systems for aviation and other industries. Rolls-Royce is the world’s second-largest maker of aircraft engines and has major businesses in the marine propulsion and energy sectors.

1 Like

Rolls-Royce is a pre-eminent engineering company focused on world-class power and propulsion systems.

Upcoming:

1 Like

“National Declaration” stock isn’t it?
So can not be traded until FT crack the reporting requirements behind the scenes for many nationals caught up in a single executed trade. Or they could just allow instant trades only.

3 Likes

How do we feel about this?

6 Likes

Very keen to see this added if possible

2 Likes

Where’s the bottom?

2 Likes

Rolls-Royce Holdings plc operates as an industrial technology company worldwide.

I’d like to put some money into Rolls Royce this month at the right price…hopefully it’s part of the updated stock universe?

3 Likes

The next 250 stocks are US stocks only. When they’re added, we’ll review the universe and decide which set of stocks we’ll add next. We hear the feedback about nationality declaration stocks.

6 Likes

It’s such a good value stock at moment in my opinion- Rolls-Royce Holding PLC LON: RR
The sooner the better!

4 Likes

Agree, just bought at £13 commission :weary:

1 Like

Hi all

I would love to see Rolls-Royce holding stock on here (LSE:RR). Shares in the company have plunged by 60% over the past four weeks. This dramatic slump has taken shares in the engineering group down to a level not seen for 10 years.

According to the FTSE 100 company’s latest trading update, engine flying hours were down by about 40% in March. They’re expected to fall further in April. The group is paid by airlines based on how many hours its engines fly.

As a result of this, the company has suspended its dividend, has raised £1bn of new credit facilities, and could furlough up to 50% of its shop-floor workers.

Unfortunately, as it’s impossible to stay how long the coronavirus outbreak will last at this stage, it’s impossible to predict when Rolls will recover.

However, its current weakness is also its biggest strength. As noted above, the company is one of the two primary jet engine producers in the world. That’s not going to change anytime soon.

So, when the global economy re-starts, this FTSE 100 blue-chip champion should roar back into action. It could take some time for the business to recover, but the global aviation industry is only set to grow over the next five to 10 years. Rolls should be able to profit from that in the long run.

In the meantime, Rolls’ defence and power systems businesses are still ticking over. Last year, the FTSE 100 group’s defence business delivered roughly 50% of the firm’s £808m underlying operating profit.

I WANT TO SEE THIS STOCK HERE

Thanks for reading

6 Likes

You can vote for it here: Rolls-Royce Holdings ✈️ 🚘 (RR) - Share Chat

1 Like

Welcome to the community, Asad. We’ll work on nationality declaration stocks after the new US stocks are on your app.

1 Like

Any indication on how long that could be? Are we talking weeks, months or upto a year?

1 Like

I’d like to know how soon this stock could be added also, Freetrade’s main competitor has it on their platform and I’d really like to stay with freetrade but feel as though I may have to open another investment account if this isn’t added whilst the price is low

3 Likes

Months. We have a plan to review the universe after we’ll have added the new US stocks, and re-focus our universe expansion work on completeness.

I know this may sound long, but we want to have this stock as much as everyone else. I have it on my own spreadsheet where I consider / analyse my own investments (capital at risk).

5 Likes

Thank you for the feedback. You’re doing a great job. It’s a great app.

2 Likes

Really want this in my portfolio

3 Likes

Has really good future prospects and would to see it added soon.

Thanks!

2 Likes