Rolls-Royce - RR - Share Chat

Very true. If god had wished humans should know the future, he would have already given this to him. Folks use your wisdom and experience and keep on playing your moves.

Definitely think i should have went bigger last year but I held off because ive no real clue about whats happening with SMRs. Our government seems brain dead on this issue and likely to drop the ball.

1 Like

There is a growing consensus on a 400-420p price target, I think I’ll stay invested for a little longer :grinning:

Source

1 Like

Hi @Johnboy84
As far as I can ascertain John RR are surviving potential Sites around the UK looking for suitable places to site them, if I find more information I will post it Here.

Heres hoping it pans out. I think the government is either waiting to see how RR looks with the new CEO or politics is at play here and multiple players get a piece of this pie. We are in Brexit Britain after all.

Worthwhile noting that the share price exuberance has all been down to present cash flow and consequent dividend speculation.

The SMR story has been around for years now but the city has been prudent … the SMR story doesn’t contribute to that exuberance. For starters, it is unclear how much profit would be generated for RR … the local press might not press (yeah, terrible joke) on that point too much but to get a feel have a look at https://aris.iaea.org/Publications/SMR_booklet_2022.pdf to see that the competition is large.

1 Like

That was a very good read thanks to @belvedere for the information found out things that I was not aware of there is a lot more to the SMR Story anyway thanks again.

2 Likes

Found yesterday in the news.
Edit: This is on the back of the contract for the new fleet of nuclear submarines.

4 Likes

That was very good news about RR thanks to @Simon3 for the information :+1:

1 Like

There are also some bad news unfortunately, as Berenberg downgrades RR. Just in case you missed it:

1 Like

@Simon3, What These so called Analysist do upgrade or downgrade a particular Stock is up to them Simon, I do my own Analysis and research of a particular company and stock, As should we all, because at the end of the day it is after all MY MONEY that I invest and not theirs and it’s my Head on the block If I get it wrong which I do sometimes.
I learn by that experience take the hit and move on It doesn’t matter if you think you know what is what I’ve found this game is a constant learning process always finding out something new, anyway Simon sorry about that excuse my little rant have a good day and please keep on digging out info :+1: BFN

2 Likes

While I have access to plenty decent analysis for US stocks, I am seriously struggling to find even a whole statement that makes any sense for UK stocks. It is becoming a serious issue and this is the main reason why I am reluctant to invest in the LSE. Currently RR is my ONLY remaining UK stock holding.

I prefer missing good opportunities than finding myself again in the situation of being 30-40% down on some stocks without having a clue of what’s going on and what are the chances of recovering the investments. If I don’t understand even a little bit, I sell and move on. And sleep better at night.

1 Like

Hello again @Simon3
I look at it like this Simon, The Stock Market is the World’s biggest gambling Arena.
Now Gambling for Me is a non starter as My Late Father gambled away every last penny daily apart from leaving a few quid for several Pints the rest disappeared into the bookies pockets growing up was no fun for me and I have never forgotten his sorry life and to this day I have never placed a bet at the bookies.
The point is You don’t need some person Simon saying this one is good that one isn’t be your own Man do your own research and Analyse and
Play the Market, there are good Old British Stocks to be had ( CNA ) is one such stock and paying good Dividend.

BP another good Dividend paying stock, I go with My Gut I find one, check them out Sit on it for a week then either Buy in or move on like I said there is plenty out there and you don’t need anyone telling you this or that because it is Not their Money it’s yours.
I know I do go on a bit sometimes I hope this helps a little Simon Stock with RR and maybe consider a few other UK Stocks, BFN

1 Like

The gift that keeps on giving.

1 Like

Been a rocket in the share price as of recent

2 Likes

Onwards and upwards. Definitely can break £4. Some exciting times ahead. But also. Some challenging times.

1 Like

This stock is on a Steady increase this time last year on 17/03/23 it was @ £1.40 a year later it sitting @ £3.87 that’s an increase of £2.47 slow and steady, I like this stock what’s your take on this stock.

1 Like

I’ve been topping up a little by little - think I only started buying at around the £2 mark, average £3.22. Don’t like to pile in on individual stocks so will continue adding a little at a time while I still like this stock.

1 Like

Hi @weenie
Keep doing it, keep adding to your holdings that’s the same strategy I use.
The driver of this particular Bus since He took to the wheel is heading down the road in the right direction, just keep buying and let the driver do the rest.

1 Like

Sorry for my ignorance but what has happened to this stock? Why did it go up and down so much? And the volume is suddenly high, why?