Rolls-Royce - RR - Share Chat

3 Likes

I ride by a factory to and from my work place every morning and get to see those sexy engines on display ooooo

4 Likes

Ok, how did I only realise this stock is now available today. I must have been asleep and not noticed any notifications, I’ve been waiting for this stock for what seems years, and \I could have bought it over a week ago…Doh!

Oh well, it’s in my portfolio now. :crazy_face:

6 Likes

Its cheaper now than it was a week ago so ein win :clap::clap::clap:

1 Like

Yes, cheaper, but is this following the S&P 500 in a downtrend.

It’s not even part of the S&P500

This is the exact reason I “sacrificed” a few quid on Aston Martin.

Guess who features in today’s newsletter? Fame at last! Glad I bought those RR shares.

12 Likes

Well done Emmie, always nice to be mentioned. :grin:

2 Likes

Do people think the RR price will continue to drop or recover in around a year? Im looking at this as a +5yr hold

You’re famous now! :scream:

2 Likes

It shouldn’t really matter what people here think. With a question like this you’ll likely only find people fueling your confirmation bias that the stock will rise.
Nobody here (or anywhere really) has the faintest idea how RR will look in a year or 5, could be higher, could be bankrupt.

6 Likes

I agree and I won’t buy based solely on what is said here but I think it is worth getting a idea of what the community think of the shares and how they’ll be treating theirs.

1 Like

In March there was a rumour of a takeover bid which made the price go over 100 briefly.
Maybe another buyer will appear in the future.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2022-03-28/rolls-royce-falls-back-as-golden-share-reality-damps-merger-talk

1 Like

Rolls-Royce has seen its share price plummet over 30% this year to penny stock levels. However, recent developments leave me excited for the company’s future. The British manufacturer has managed to secure a couple of big deals, but whether these are enough to spark a share price recovery remains questionable.

Disclaimer: I do not stand to profit in any way from sharing this article or the views I get. I am merely sharing this as an opinion to offer my insight to the stock whilst hoping to contribute to the discussion. These posts have been also been cleared by the mods.

1 Like

Yikes, I shudder to think of any UK government allowing that to happen. The article even has a subheading:

• U.K. would probably veto foreign takeover on security concerns

But seeing that in black and white just reminded me that the current regime would likely just wave it through like they did with ARM (microprocessors, chips etc) and more importantly and critical to the country’s wellbeing… poor old Cadbury’s which is now a shadow of its former tasty self.

With all of the seized aircraft in Russia unlikely to ever be allowed to fly international routes again, due to servicing/maintenance history issues, I wonder if RR will experience a surge in demand for engines to power the replacement airlines?

2 Likes

What replacements? These planes are used by Russian airlines and we won’t sell them anything in the foreseeable future.
So the increased demand based on that is imho 0. :thinking:

1 Like

They were seized from foreign operators though? I assume they’ll have gaps in their fleets now that they’ll be looking to replace, meanwhile Russia will use them for internal domestic flights until they start falling apart.

Yes, but leased to Russian airlines. Why would the foreign operators replace these? They’d need to find other markets for these planes first since the Russian market is dead. And flying still isn’t out of the covid slump.
Also, these operator can’t just write off most of their planes and still stay solvent or even be able to order new planes. If you have 100 planes and someone just takes them all, you’re bankrupt, not ordering 100 replacements.

2 Likes

Ah, I thought Russia had seized aircraft that belonged (or were leased) to foreign airlines that happened to be in the country and on the ground when the airspace was closed. I didn’t realise they were only Russian operated airlines.

As for the leasing companies, I’d have hoped they’d have an insurance policy covering them for having their aircraft seized and would get the payout to buy replacements. Or perhaps seizure during wartime is on the list of policy exclusions!

1 Like