Shell PLC 🐚 🏗 - SHEL

A nice little £54.18 dividend to end the year!

3 Likes

I personally like Shell and with the gradual change in board members it will likely progress to being more green. But, even EVs need oil based products. So no point turning off all the taps. Dividends great and help gain my plus 8 shares this quarter.

1 Like

Agreed. I know it’s got to do a certain amount of green stuff to keep the eco types and climate conference types happy.

But I’d hate to see it try and give up oil to become this ultra green company.

At the end of the day it’s bread and butter shall be oil.

Yep, just because the automobile industry is going electric there will still be demand in other sectors. Jet fuel for planes, boats, submarines and armed forces will still demand diesel. In fact there are thousands of everyday products which require crude oil as part of their manufacturing process.

2 Likes

Evening all,

Probably a bit of a n00b question, but regards the share simplification process, I note they’ll basically be doubling the amount of shares we currently hold.

However, what date are they using to calculate what shares are owned? Will it be based on how many shares you had on the date they posted that news (a few weeks ago), or will it be the 31st January?

I guess my question is, is it possible to buy more shares now and have them count towards the extra ones we’ll be given.

I’m assuming not, as otherwise people will have gone crazy to buy them when the news was revealed.

Curious though.

TIA

1 Like

Hi @Peter1

I’ve not seen them update the timeline further than ‘early 2022’

When they replace your current shares in RDSA/RDSB with Shell Plc the number of shares you own doesn’t matter as you’ll still own the same % of the company.

If you invest £100 in company A is worth £1m and issue 100,000 shares they’re worth 10p each and you have 1000 shares.

If you invest £100 in company B is worth £1m and issue 10,000 shares they’re worth £1 each and you have 100 shares.

1 Like
1 Like

Going up nicely :slight_smile:

Message from Freetrade

2 Likes

My portfolio has not been updated, other than the ticker. I still have the same amount of shares

The ‘new’ means your old shares just have a new name.

I had 129 shares of RDSB, I now have 129 shares of SHEL.

1 Like

Is there a reason for the sector change from Energy to Mining

1 Like

Probably a mistake.

Do we know why Shell Energy would drop off? It is no longer on my watch list!

Re-add problem solved.

Unfortunately we can’t seem too see the old data charts now.

1 Like

That happens with SPAC’s too.

Yeah, a little frustrating

1 Like