Russia war on Ukraine

They blew up a gas pipeline that wasnā€™t in use and will probably never be in use again.
Of course they did.

I disagree. Itā€™s a goldmine for USA oil and gas.

Edit: Russia goes with bigger bombs and China makes a move due to ASML sanctions.

No itā€™s not. If itā€™s never going to be used.again. you are seeing conspiracy where there is none.
The US cannot make any impact on oil and gas prices they havenā€™t got the export capacity nor are the producers in a rush to increase capacity.

You seem so sure :joy:

A bit ā€œrichā€ coming from you :laughing: :rofl: :kissing_closed_eyes:

Not exactly sure what this is about.
Bigger bombs? So?
ASML sanctions. Makes move on whom?

I would disagree with that.
I would do more than tell them they canā€™t.

Russia has tactical nuclear missiles, which are smaller than the intercontinental ballistic missiles and have very little radioactive fallout.

The USA has also frozen China out of ASML (the Dutch tech company by who make the lithography gear for TSMC - literal monopoly) and have frozen China out of all chip tech sub 7nm. Beijing is reeling from those particular sanctions.

Moreover, from the looks of it, Vlad had an iron grip on russian politics, and I believe at this juncture, any belief that he will be deposed is fantastical. That leads me to the conclusion that the closer NATO or unofficial allies get any closer to Russia border than vlads establish perimeter (which is still developing) will be met by more aggressively violent campaigns.

Possible I suppose with a democratic government in charge and a big reduction in supply so no one other than Germany is dependent on Russia. But even they wonā€™t be in a rush to go back to there original dependence

Whom will China make a move on? You havenā€™t answered that.
So Russia has smaller rockets that produce less radioactive damage so what.

Taiwan - TSMC.

Is this not patently obvious?

You have no idea what is going on in the background. Neither do I and probably most governments in the west.
As I have said Ukraine will in my opinion secure itā€™s previous borders within a year.
Now what happens to the fruit cake is another matter.
His leadership maybe perilous at this point.

I see no deposition and tbh the west would be the first to report on it.

No one wants nuclear war.

But if the conclusion is we must let Russia do whatever they want including rape, murder and commit war crimes - Because if we donā€™t then they may nuke usā€¦

This is nuclear blackmail and Russia could use this against any countryā€¦ If it succeeds in Ukraine theyā€™ll then move onto other countries as Putin and other openly say they went to restore their empireā€¦

If nuclear blackmail works then every country in the world will want nuclear weapons as soon as possibleā€¦

When Musk calls on Ukraine to negotiate what heā€™s really saying is they should surrenderā€¦ Russian has already committed war crimes in Ukraine and there is no reason at all for Ukraine to let them have a free pass given their recordā€¦

Look at Russian speaking media and you can see that Ukraine is dehumanised massively - Itā€™s language that you see when genocide are committed, itā€™s like Ukrainian people should exist and there os evidence Russian forces are told to kill as many Ukrainian as possibleā€¦

Russia can de-escalate at any moment they want to by leaving Ukraineā€¦ All calls for Ukraine to negotiate are just endorsing Russian war comes and nuclear blackmail to continue!

5 Likes

Russia has 150 million people, around 65 million males. take off 40% for old, young, sick etc. and you still have 39 million fighting age men. thats almost the entire population of Ukraine.

I expect you might be right (I hope so) that the war will be won within a year (not by the end of the current year). But im not sure itā€™ll be down to man power. Russia can just send more men, it doesnā€™t matter if theyā€™re well trained.

But it seems like weā€™re already seeing the end game playing out by Russia, annexation. If Russia can sit on remaining territory and continue to stretch out the war, the west will start to wear down on support. We already see support by the general public faulting in the west.

In every possible outcome, I think Russia will have the ability to claim victory.

Attacking an island is not an easy option for getting computer chips. If you think they will go to war on the off chance they could actually achieve victory is cloud cucko land.
They have had there arses kicked when they attacked Vietnam despite Vietnam fighting on two fronts.
Even less likely to find any support by the civilian population.

Itā€™s a desperate act, yes. But China has zero access to what it needs. From surveys and reports Iā€™ve seen, the reunification of Taiwan is supported by the public.

Take a look at the Taiwanese leadership. Check the interviews with trading partners such as the increasingly influencial PM of Indonesia with bloomberg editor in chief.

Its possible. Youā€™re talking about the Intellectual property of a multi trillion dollar industry.

I think you need to take off more than 40%. The Russian population is in very poor health, alcoholism is rampant. You are also including areas which will probably say ā€œwhat military operationā€!!
And I can assure you sending poorly trained soldiers who have no wish to fight is a distinct disadvantage, no matter how many you send. The more you send the more they will revolt.

The Russians have not even secured the borders of the areas they ā€œclaimā€ to have voted for becoming part of Russia.

1 Like

Just like Hong Kong?
Or are you talking about the Chinese population?

Yes, Iā€™m talking about he Chinese people.