Scottish Mortgage Investment Trust - SMT - Share Chat

Thanks for pointing this out, very interesting article and magazine generally, I have just subscribed! Link to the subscription page for anyone else interested: Subscribe to Trust Magazine | Baillie Gifford | Individual Investors | Baillie Gifford

3 Likes

I hate the environment so I subscribed to their physical copy as well (i like reading off paper…)

2 Likes
2 Likes

https://www.bailliegifford.com/en/uk/institutional-investor/insights/ic-video/2021-q1-sm-webinar-full-recording-ind-we-1877?p=9555

SMT ‘investing in progress’ webinar from this month

Transcript is also available

https://insight.bailliegifford.com/videos/2021/q1/sm-webinar-full-recording-ind-we-1877/?transcript=true

3 Likes

https://citywire.co.uk/investment-trust-insider/news/20bn-scottish-mortgage-halves-tesla-to-keep-huge-gain/a1464007?ref=investment-trust-insider-latest-news-list

4 Likes

Is there a link to this without subscribing if possible?

It’s free to sign up to Citywire. Useful if you invest in ITs

No other articles I can see as of yet but Essentially they’ve taken their profits with Tesla and halved their position. If you go to SMT website you can see their latest holdings. TSLA was about 10% and is now 5% of the portfolio

3 Likes

Their Tesla position was upwards of 12% in November so I think I’m glad to see they’ve trimmed it a little. Hopefully this will also allow them to pile that new cash into similar areas elsewhere

2 Likes

I noted they said USA also cut their position

1 Like

Thanks! Slightly new into all this so sounds a good site to sign up too. Cheers

If your interested or invested into BG trusts then sign up to their magazine as well (they also have a monthly podcast)

1 Like

I’ve signed up to the magazine. Just got the recent one. Didn’t know about the podcast. It via usual podcast sources?

1 Like

yeah its on everywhere I think, they also post it on YouTube shortly after.

1 Like

It’s decent site. Not any great analysis on there but gives the big headline news in the industry. Also has a forum but much less active.

Check out trustnet.com too as it has better analysis and can feed you info about trusts that you want to hear from.

Kepler Intelligence do some really in depth analysis in the investment trust area. So worth giving their site a browse too

3 Likes

1 Like

I guess this goes some way to explaining the recent stagnation in TSLA price

Interested to see what the Discount/Premium is this week. It was trading at around ~2% until Friday. I can see that being wiped out by the 15% dip and perhaps trading at a discount as not all of the major holdings have sold off by that magnitude.

Edit: 22/02 trading at 0.2% (down from 3.2% on 19/02)

I imagine it’s going to be at a discount for 23/02

4 Likes

3.6% discount @23/02
So that’s a ~6% swing in the price to NAV.

Good buying opportunity if you back SMT

SMT trading at -0.83% discount to NAV seems like the time to buy for me.

It’s probably at a higher discount right now it’s selling off faster than the underlying NAV.

I’m averaging down on SMT and EWI

Google Finance has live pricing which is useful