Series B announcement MEGATHREAD

Since we have gone off-topic already, let me share my thinking about this new emergent new-banks that want to offer a mixture of fiat and digital currencies.

• I think they are operating in a very, very crowded space and it is very hard to acquire customers even with cash referrals. They face competition from older established crypto companies: coinbase, binance, etcā€¦ and also from existing neo banks like Revolut, who can leverage their massive userbase to push their digital products.
  • I think this idea that people need a card to spend from the BTC balance is just too early and doesnā€™t make any sense in practice.
  • At this point in time, I found that the simplest thing is to just use a non-custodial wallet like Zumo(no position) as I buy/sell BTC just for speculation/inflation hedge.

Curious about Freetrade upcoming crypto offering. There are already Bitcoin ETFs, which can be added with very little effort. I guess they will offer some sort of hosted wallet service purely for investment purposes.

1 Like

First of all congrats on series B. Your idea to provide opportunity to early stage investors is really good idea and I would strongly suggest you should continue to do same for future rounds.

For others, few things to keep in mind.

1. Early stage investors are likely to have good chunk of shares. Few offerings to buy few thousand shares will not be sufficient. Imagine few R1 holder who invested Ā£5k
  2. Nobody is forced to sell shares. It is just an option
  3. Ideal solution would have been if crowdcube provided secondary market. I was hoping this would come with seedrs merger but now that has been called off

Btw I am not planning to sell. But always good to have option of secondary market. Hope crowdcube does something about it sooner.

3 Likes

Freetrade is KIC so I doubt employee cap will be an issue in the next three to four years. Section 186 of ITA 2007 thoughā€¦ That is another beast.

1 Like

For those interested in selling: I am prepared to pay above Ā£3.77 share price for several thousand of your shares. Send me a direct message if you are interested.

4 Likes

I canā€™t imagine Adam cares that community members are thinking of transacting a few Ā£10ā€™s of thousands when the VC is looking for Ā£millions.

2 Likes

Agree but then we would likely be hit with a huge fee from Seedrs?

Seedrs fees are very fair IMO. Buying shares privately is a pain - and I am talking as someone who has bought FT shares from other members. Seedrs completely remove all the hassle.

I imagine most none investors looking to invest would be happy paying a few % and getting the opportunity to buy shares - and those selling would happily pay a few % to get a price (possibly) far in excess of Ā£3.77.

4 Likes

This would be a great answer to many comments in this thread and a great gesture to any crowd shareholder.

Liquidity will also help to convince new investors during the next crowdfunding round.

Especially the EU based ones considering that there is no alternative for the beautiful EIS system in the EU countries to the best of my knowledge.

If you talk to anyone new to crowdfunding the first question is always how do I exit?

P.S. 1 May be restricting the secondary market to the current shareholders can solve some of the potential issues as some of the crowdfunded businesses have already done

P.S. 2 The current secondary offering is also great (even though a bit twisted thanks to GME) as it protects FTā€™s founders from dilution

3 Likes

hi, having trouble replying with my e mail, so just testing before I go any further
regards Helen

Seedrs have a partnership with Capdesk as Iā€™ve mentioned above. It should be straight forward to get the shares on the Seedrs secondary market. CC donā€™t need to be involved as we own shares directly.

3 Likes

Agreed. Say you are up 47x from Round 1 the relative risk of losing returns versus the potential for it to rise more may have changed for the individual in question.

5 Likes

Iā€™m looking to sell just over 1000 shares. Can someone explain the selling process when youā€™re selling privately. Also interesting parties DM me with your best offersā€¦ Thanks

1 Like

The vultures will be flocking in. Youll be spammed haha

4 Likes

Iā€™ll be very surprised if you donā€™t get offered at least Ā£5 a share. I would have bought 200 from you at Ā£5 a share. Thatā€™s all I can afford at the moment. Good luck

1 Like

There were two parts to the last round, both at the same valuation. Indeed I wasnā€™t expecting them to be considered two separate rounds. I invested in both. Wonder if I will get two sets of rewards :slight_smile:

1 Like

How do I pm u ,I am interested.
U can sell by contacting crowd cube via email and saying you want to sell.They can arrange it.

Maybe you should sell the shares through CC at Ā£3.77.

Getting 10% more in terms of share price could not worth the hassle (find a buyer, fill the paperwork,ā€¦)

Just my opinionā€¦

I wonder if the Freetrade team have thought about how a crowdfunding round is going to hit their customer deposits.

Iā€™m already starting to stress about whether Iā€™ll be able to see my shares on Freetrade and get the cash out of my FT ISA fast enough in order to be able to get it into the next crowdfunding round.

I just hope thereā€™s enough time between FTā€™s announcement and the crowdfunding round closing.

Please pardon me from the start
Can anyone explain how I can also buy some shares in Freetrade .
I have seen the crowdfunding stuff but have not the slightest idea.
Please help
Thanks

1 Like

There will be an announcement. Previous crowdfunding rounds have been done on CrowdCube so it might be worth signing up for an account in advance :slight_smile:

1 Like