Sharing the App's UI pre-launch?

Any thoughts of partnership with the likes of WiseAlpha to have access to special Corporate Bonds level?

#243 + 2 invites Freetrade Fan here.
JP

2 Likes

Very happy with how this is looking, think you guys made the right decision changing the logo / branding as well. This looks like its going to be a sleek app ! :sunglasses:

3 Likes

Thanks, we love the new mark, branding, etc. It was a very involved effort, we’ve built the new brand together with the people who helped create Airbnb’s new brand. :house: :heart:

1 Like

Hey, loving the username, JP. :blush: We’ll consider partnerships down the road. Now it’s all about the core product, continuously making it more awesome (US stocks, fractional shares, etc), and onboarding the community.

1 Like

Did you buy any ETF or stocks yet with your initial £200 :facepunch:? @Viktor

1 Like

Debating between Rightmove and Ocado, both of them are so high right now! :frowning: It’s testing, but I don’t want to buy the high.

Money hit my account already!

3 Likes

Loving this portfolio screen from @Freetrade_Team_Design

3 Likes

How long did it take to become available?

1 Like

OK, can’t decide. Tell me what I should think:

• Buy Rightmove, dude. You check it regularly for overpriced rentals. Good business.
  • Viktor, you hate shopping and Ocado solved it. Surely it’s a good investment.
  • Buy something else, see my comment.
  • ETF.

0 voters

Too long, actually, I transferred yesterday around 2pm. This will obviously improve.

Rightmove does look better on paper. Stable (but low) dividends, stable growth. Ocado has had its momentum of spiking growth and will most certainly correct back, it is just impossible to even expect a plateaued growth after that skyrocketing, people will be taking profits.

Ocado has plenty of debt that, as of 2018, exceeds the net equity, whereas RMV’s debt is 0. Considering the US Interest Rates growth, UK may soon pick up on to stabilise the UK’s property market, this will have detrimental effect on the Ocado’s interest payments (whereas RMV may potentially benefit to an extent due to more renters and less mortgagers). Also, the insider trading for Ocado is predominantly selling, RMV does not seem to be panicking.

Nevertheless, get VUSA and then go US tech/consumer goods once @rob_h adds NYSE and NASDAQ to Freetrade’s Live Universe!

3 Likes

Put a ton in each?

#Diversify

3 Likes

PurpleBricks (unless I am missing the point and this is not on the menu!).

Arguably expensive but well positioned to benefit from a trend towards digital. No commission so aligns with your values :wink:!

2 Likes

The UIs look amazing. Great job @JamesStorer and @freetrade_team

Can’t wait to get my hands on the app!!

4 Likes

@viktor working on the assumption that you’re in it for the long slog, and parking @Vlad’s view on the fundamentals for a moment (sorry @Vlad !!!), yes valuations are high, but out of the two, Ocado feels like it has the longer legs.

It has potential to be a challenger to the Amazon problem facing traditional grocery retailers to whom Amazon’s ambitions pose a real and threat. My feeling is the traditional grocery business would rather not further strengthen Amazon’s dominance, and Ocado could provide a viable alternative. The Morrisons deal, and more recently that of Kroger demonstrates an international appetite for the pivot towards licensing of their technology, logistics expertise and experience. YOY revenue has increased 12%, of which 7% has come from grocery business, compared to 2.6% growth at Tesco, 2.2% at Sainsbury, but the question is can they sustain it in a challenging retail environment, where consumer demand has softened?

Disclosed net short positions as of yesterday’s published disclosures have reduced to 4.6%, a steady fall from 20% back in 2016.

Just a view, not advice.

4 Likes

F.A.O. @Freetrade_Team_Design, that UI…

giphy

3 Likes

Fantastic.

In the stock market, I learned that what is making new highs will continue to go higher ;-).

1 Like

Maybe buy Tesco (TSCO) shares - might be interesting to see how that fares after the Sainsbury & ASDA merger (if that every happens)

4 Likes

Guys the news is in and @Viktor went for Ocado…

3 Likes

Here’s the position now made

3 Likes