Should you co-ordinate buying to Trump rants

Should you co-ordinate buying to Trump rants. Can’t be alone hear in taking hits that line up with his ramblings

A couple of years ago, the NPR podcast Planet Money made a bot to trade based on his tweets. I don’t think it was successful.

https://www.npr.org/sections/money/2017/04/07/522897876/meet-botus-planet-money-s-stock-trading-twitter-bot

1 Like

A couple of years ago. That’s a sobering thought.

1 Like

Thing is, imagine trying to predict what he would say! Even he doesn’t know!

I think most of us have had a poor few days. Good thing is it’ll start heading north again. Only wished I had some spare funds to purchase more :grinning:

2 Likes

His whole presidency exists only so his sons can trade on inside information :smiley:

4 Likes

I lost 250£ in two days and bought something new. It’s not the first time. The average time to rebound is one week or less.

1 Like

This was last time in early October.

2 Likes

Time in the market > Timing the market

4 Likes

Buy the dips can be very good when the cause is well known.

2 Likes

This is something you could fairly easily back test and see if it’s viable.

Expect another dipping day !

2 Likes

It’s such a hard one as well. If Warren or Sanders get in it’ll mess up the markets but Trump can literally wreck any gains made in the previous week(s) with one tweet. There was a time in August I think it was and there was a fed meeting and prelimenary trade talks and in one tweet he sent the market down. As someone who claims to be business friendly and savvy he should realise the detrimental effect they have on the market

Edit: Todays started off ok!

2019 is going to be one of the best years.

Premarket strongly disagrees.

The main problem is the dollar’s dip against pound. In one year it can beat any ETFs.

1 Like

It’s been better than I imagined thanks to phase 1 apparently being back on the table. Yeah that damn £ strength is knocking any gains on the ETF’s.

1 Like

He’s stayed quiet today probably due to getting flak for pulling out of the Nato summit. Good for us. In this case no news is good news!

I started putting cash into Freetrade in May and its the fourth time my % gains have been clipped back due to trumps scares. But it doesn’t tend to line up with my deposits and purchasing days sadly. But its no problem in my long term view

2 Likes

How long will he be around?

5 more years :joy:

And I’d take Gabbard as dem nominee!
(Sorry not sure if gambling stuff is allowed here please remove the photo if not)

image|281x500

1 Like