[Feature Request 🔧] SIPP - Employer contributions 👴🏻 💷

@J4ipod94: You’re probably right. If I get tired of waiting, I can always move it elsewhere.

3 Likes

I’m not going to until they do! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I basically paid a year in advanced into my previous SIPP before transferring, hoping Freetrade would have this resolved by Jan/Feb 2022.

I’m getting concerned now as there hasn’t been much news on this.

1 Like

Just received a poll on SIPPs from freetrade where this was one of the options and voted for it, so I’m confident it is on their radar at least and hopefully after the raise and euro expansion they can look at a few features like this. It will arrive eventually if we keep asking.

In the meantime I’ve kept an HL SIPP open and put employer contributions in there instead.

3 Likes

Yeah thanks. I filled that in yesterday so am hopeful.

I’ll have to open with a new provider also, but this will obviously cost additional fees and am hoping to avoid. Fingers crossed it rolls out soon.

1 Like

Yep I also got that, drawdown + Employer contributions I mentioned and assume most people did so hope both options are to come sooner or later.

2 Likes

The lack of “Employer Contribution” option is one of the main drawbacks for Sole Traders & Limited Company Contractors/Directors to open a SIPP account with Freetrade as they would otherwise lose their tax efficiency. I think this is a “must have” requirement and it will be a win-win…

6 Likes

Hoping to see it sometime :pray:

2 Likes

Be nice to get an update from Freetrade themselves at some point. Community and all.

1 Like

Can you share your jorney with NEST in more details? My employer using them and I still think of moving my pension to FT

1 Like

I’m in the process of moving from NEST to FT. Last step was filling out a form confirming that I do actually want to move my pension, that no, I haven’t been forced by someone to move my pension into their platform, and mailing it back… I sent it back last week and they still haven’t processed it. I have no idea why I can’t just answer those questions in the secure messaging section of the site. Glad to be leaving them to be honest!

4 Likes

I wonder if that is to do with the size of it as my small Nest pension I didn’t even realise I had went straight through without any question. Or maybe they were just glad to see the back of me :joy:

1 Like

I’m not sure. Mine is ~£900 so not exactly huge. It was from a short stint at a previous employer.

2 Likes

Shorter than my 3 months and accrued £450 pension with Royal London? Not sure they would have even checked the name when I moved it to Vanguard :joy::joy:

2 Likes

They are huge!!! Mine was for £89 :joy: Not sure where it came from but assume an agency I went through while they sorted out a contract.

2 Likes

Can anyone ‘beat’ @Big-g ?

2 Likes

But does your new employer agreed to move you to FT? From my understanding, if employer is working with NEST for example, I cannot force him to work with FT

has anyone been told that they can’t move their pension without talking to an independent financial adviser (IFA)

Your employer chooses the provider not the pension holder, some pension companies allow partial transfer so you can move chunks to your chosen provider.

2 Likes

Is your pension large or in a defined contribution scheme? It could well be an internal compliance check to protect you against unscrupulous fraudsters

3 Likes