SIPP: Employer contributions

Is your pension large or in a defined contribution scheme? It could well be an internal compliance check to protect you against unscrupulous fraudsters

2 Likes

Its a DC scheme, with imo a ridiculously low threshold (30K) for requiring a IFA to move your pension pot

1 Like

That’s the one, I figured there was something special. DC are a world away from BD and you ready need to know your stuff.

Hopefully you’ve had some advice that says bring it over to FT and you can start to control your destiny.

Last I heard, nest don’t allow partía transfers and any transfers include the closure of your account. So anyone looking at that needs to check as your employer may not be able to pay pension contributions until you get them to open a new nest pension. Probably a lot of hassle

I have a couple of friends who are self employed and also interested in investing but don’t know much about it, is there something about an SIPP that makes it financially beneficial for self-employed rather than just investing through the app normally?

Depends on their situation/if they’re limited company. This might be a good starting point Contributing to a pension from your limited company

Do you mean Aviva Pension | Boost your retirement savings - Aviva

I am not sure but does this page claims you should pay 50pounds for your pension? Or You pay nothing but instead moving all your pot every month to FT?

Im in this situation too. Surely allowing my employer (me) to make monthly contributions to my FT SIPP is an easy process.

Come on FT

2 Likes

As far as I understand, you can contribute your workplace pension and later move your pot, including employer contribution, to FT SIPP if provider allows it (like Aviva). And you can do it periodically, eg monthly

Yep, that should be trivial as it’s a decades old process that incumbents master flawlessly. But we all know why they are so far behind on many basic functionalities: recruitment and holding onto people. Apparently, people prefer working elsewhere.

Are you going to sight examples, because that’s one held of a statement to make? Every business has churn for a myriad of reason and to suggest that Freetrade are not a good employer or place to work needs fact - if you have no facts then I’m invoking Hitchens Razor and asking you politely to avoid baseless claims.

2 Likes

Hitchens Razor: this concept is new to me. Thank you for having shared this as I have learnt something :slight_smile:

I have multiple inside sources I obviously can’t reveal here and anyway even when you bring proof in this forum, posts still get removed and accounts banned if the content is slightly negative or unsupportive of the bullish narrative. Hence, any dissent or mere criticism is eradicated and please don’t ask me to prove this as everyone knows someone who has been the victim of this. As a result, except for your Hitchens Razor, this forum has become very uninteresting.

1 Like

It’s a shame you feel that way @WolfofWS , other than one trouble making user if been a broadly friendly place in my opinion.

Keep coming to the forum and hopefully with time you can be the change you wish to see. The community is at its best when we get input for a wide range of voices both for and against ideas.

Any news on this? is it planned for the long term? this can bring massive business to you guys, and you have an army of people who can introduce you to their employers!!

Massive milestone to have 1m customers, really happy!

But tbh, I have a feeling that things have slowed down, and the initial excitement a couple of years ago, and transparency about what Freetrade is up to, and interest in what people have to say on this forum has decreased a lot, anyone sharing what I see? maybe because of lack of interest in crowd funding?

1 Like