Sneak peak at Freetrade Plus!

OK then - watch me use my crystal ball and tell you in 15 minutes it will be flat and not up 0.86% on YF.

Give it a minute to load…

Eat your hats folks. :shushing_face:

Look at the top left of your own screenshot

Edit, OK I see now the graph seems to be live. the price at the top is not. weird

Edit again :smiley: I’ve just looked myself and the graph is 15 minutes old on mine. maybe it’s an option somewhere. are you logged into an account with them?

I am on Yahoo Finance and mine does not show that. It shows a price and chart with a 15 minute delay.

It even says it’s 15 minutes delayed in their help section:

My understanding is that it is not Yahoo Finance which is live but the google view:

I know most prices from the LSE display live when googled and I believe it is the same for NYSE and NASDAQ.

For proof, see the time stamp in the middle left (above graph).

Not using an account, I just changed the interval, scroll along and wait, then I have as close to live as I can…
(Is what I thought).

Turns out that it is a delayed price, but Yahoo show this as this is the 15-minute delayed price which we are giving you at this timestamp… very confusing.

I will find my hat and eat it. :cowboy_hat_face:

2 Likes

:rofl:

5 Likes

@BOOM Brilliant! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Leading UK challenger bank just updated their T&C and they are bringing out of hours orders, limit orders and stop loss orders. Really hope FT will introduce out of hours orders.

1 Like

I have signed up for their service and I get live updates

I didn’t read it as that.

Out of Hours Orders - This is a market order placed outside of market hours which is executed by the third party broker once market hours commence

This isn’t the same as buying during after hours trading.

1 Like

From Revolut

If they give this away for free before Freetrade plus launches, I’ll be interested to see what happens.

Is not it the same as placing an order at the price after hours (locking into a position after hours trading) and then the position gets executed immediately with the market open?

If it’s executed at market open it must be at the Market price at open, otherwise the Third Party Broker would be taking a risk, and I can’t see that happening :laughing:

1 Like
  • They offer only 3 free trades per month on their free account type. Above that number a trade costs 1 EUR.
  • Their is also a 0.01% yearly fee on the invested amount.
  • And FX of 0.5% on the volume larger than 1K EUR per month

There is also a crazy amount of people complaining of locked accounts on the social media. Never experienced any issues myself.

3 Likes

I was really surprised about the account maintenance fee… and plus their T&C dont say up to which amount you portfolio is protected.
Yet, they recently introduced good UX things like pre-market prices, news (although i would never use that type of news delivery because it will always be old news) and good job also on price alerts. All in all looks like a very good wealth building ecosystem which i would personally want to see in FT big time.

2 Likes

3 posts were merged into an existing topic: The first customers are on Freetrade Plus