Social Capital $IPOD, $IPOE & $IPOF

Up 29% today!

He’s on cnbc now and sofi confirmed.

1 Like

Investor Presentation for SoFi

1 Like

I think the biggest question here is- how do you pronounce SoFi? Is it like Sophie or WiFi and if it’s like Sophie then what does that mean for the future of WiFi? Do we have to start calling pronouncing it Whiffy?

Also are all IPOE shareholders millionnaires now?

2 Likes

The Chamath money machine delivers again. Decided to cash out for a 50% profit, and bought into another SPAC.

1 Like

I’m team WiFi :rofl:

And I only invested £750 in IPOE when it was at $11 :sob: :sob: :sob:

hahaha it is pronounced as 2 words, so-fi

they cover a lot of bases, one of those trying to be the Amazon of finance types

From that A4 document above I was expecting it to be like America’s Starling or Monzo. Then I visited https://www.sofi.com/ and it’s more like America’s Wonga!!

It’s just loans for this, loans for that, loans for other things, consolidation loans and loans to get loans… plus credit cards and I think there’s a bank account tucked away there too.

Eesh, their culture is weird.

1 Like

They have a page showing all their products on one page Financial Products | SoFi but in summary “SoFi helps you save, spend, earn, borrow, invest, and protect your money-all in one app”

They also acquired Galileo Fintech last year

This is the way :grinning:

And the funny thing yesterday was that IPOD and IPOF were up like 10% just on this deal for IPOE. That was baffling to see IPOD and IPOF up without any deal announcement but just on the basis of IPOE deal.

I think it is in part a ‘read across’. Although, there is excitement around IPOF because (I think) it’s the largest and Chamath has said that a big climate change/environmental-type investment is coming.

2 Likes

I think I’m holding at least until merger is complete. I’ve put small amounts into lots of spacs, as until you know what the merger is going to be it’s a bit of a gamble. But I think selling on the first pop when the merger is announced might be jumping the gun a bit.

Having said that I did dump LAZR for a profit after the merger.

I wouldn’t call it jumping the gun at all, just being shrewd and taking profit. The price could easily be in the $14-$15 range within a few weeks.

A fair chunk of my money is currently in SPACs, having moved out of tech and stay-at-home stocks. The only two I know I’ll definitely be holding on to right up until or through the merger are IPOF and PSTH.

This said, I never sell unless I know where the money’s going to be reinvested.

I’ll be reading up on the SoFi merger, and if I like the look of it as a long-term hold, then I’ll buy back in, if and when the price dips.

1 Like

You may be right, I’m just playing within SPACS really, they are only about 2% of my portfolio, so I can afford to make a few mistakes

I think you need to decide whether or not to hold based on who they merge with. Without doing any real analysis, my gut feeling is SoFi might be worth holding.

I thought IPOF was tech focussed?

It is I believe. In the above I am saying two things, 1) IPOF is the largest and 2) Chamath has said he has a climate change focused investment coming.

1 Like

Ah yes, apologies, I misread your post. Thanks for clarifying.

A little speculation.

http://www.idahoreporter.com/2021/chamath-palihapitiya-ipof-ipoe-asks-stripe-ceo-to-take-them-public/