Sofi Technologies Inc - SOFI

Getting excited about this now!

https://twitter.com/alexcutler247/status/1451221106908598273?s=21

Earnings call is coming up on November 10th. Hopefully the below plus any bank charter news will push this into the mid/late 20s.

“Lending is the toughest part of consumer finance as you need to understand credit and deliver excellent customer service,” Graseck said. “SoFi is is a challenger consumer finance company that is leading with lending; specifically refinancing a high yield student loan into a lower rate.”

The bank likes SoFi’s ability to then cross-sell other financial services such as investing, banking and mortgages to its customers. These cross-buyers now make up a quarter of SoFi’s customers.

Morgan Stanley also believes that SoFi’s student loan refinancing business is set to boom after the US government ends its COVID-19 deferment programme for student loan payments in February. This will drive a 70% increase in student loan originations in 2022. “Competition is rising among challenger fintechs for Gen Y and Z, but SoFi has a leg up given its roots in lending, along with a robust digital offering,” Graseck said.

Lau said its acquisition of API and payments platform Galileo Financial Technologies last April was positive. “It will continue investing in Galileo technology and already has built a cloud environment in the last year. Now it is transitioning its partners to the platform,” Lau wrote. It would contribute to cost savings that can be ploughed back into the business, Lau added.

1 Like

This is a GREAT feature on SoFi - I’d love to see this kind of thing on FreeTrade: Invest in IPOs - Buy IPO Stock | SoFi

SoFi customers can buy shares in Rivian before the official IPO (and I’m well jell)

1 Like

Is can’t see a [Feature Request :wrench:] might be worth starting one?

1 Like

HOOD lost over 3 million members in the last three months, and probably many of them, if not all, have transferred to another broker. So I suspect that SOFI may come up with a big increase in the number of members in this next ER.

This Rivian IPO could drive it even further.

Let’s see if this is confirmed on November 10

1 Like

They have a long way to go but if they keep this up it could pay for a trip to their eponymous stadium in LA.

1 Like
1 Like

Earnings look good and sofi is up in AH. Phew!

2 Likes

What a weird day, down 7.77% and then up 11% after hours. It was almost like the markets had convinced themselves it was going to be bad news

1 Like

Absolutely. I was on the verge of getting more but didn’t want to take the risk after the last earnings. Next stop - bank charter!

2 Likes

Next stop - bank charter & no more Care Act from January, which means that the student loan will jump in Q122 & beyond

2 Likes

Oppenheimer raised its price target to $28. Most analysts believe SoFi will break even and turn a profit in 2023.

2 Likes

What a day. Up 18% :raised_hands:

1 Like

Hoping we can stick to 24 or get up to 25 today :chart_with_upwards_trend:

1 Like

That would be great. It’s always good to see the price stretching and I think if they keep delivering we’ll see a lot more. I also have the impression that 2022 will be a very good year for them. Hope so :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

Bank charter approved. Now they are a bank.

3 Likes

So good! Gutted I didn’t jump in and get more at $12.06 yesterday.

1 Like
2 Likes

This product may increase their number of new members. They just launched offering 2,5% annual interest rate against 3% from Robinhood.

1 Like