Spotify 🇸🇪🎵 - SPOT

svg

Spotify is a music streaming platform developed by Swedish company Spotify Technology, headquartered in Stockholm, Sweden and listed on the NYSE. Spotify launched their service on 7 October 2008. As of 20 August 2018, it is available in 65 regions.

Spotify - Wikipedia

https://www.nyse.com/quote/XNYS:SPOT

I expected to see more votes, but we’ve just started the voting. :slight_smile:

Definitely on my watchlist, just need to take time to understand the company and its financials more.

4 Likes

This would be great especially as it is new to being on the market

1 Like

Really want to see Spotify on this. Music industry is growing and think, given its current price there is huge potential.

Do you know if Spotify will be added soon?

+1 for Spotify. Excited by the Gimlet & Anchor acquisitions :eyes:

2 Likes

We’ve added 50 new stocks to the app today & Spotify is one of them :boom:

Lots of useful numbers in today’s announcement e.g.

the world’s currently biggest music streaming service reported that it now has 100 million paying users (up 32 percent on a year ago) and 217 million subscribers overall in 79 markets, picking up 2 million users in India since launching there in February

but also

But earnings per share seems to have taken a big hit. The company, which is still unprofitable, posted negative EPS of €0.79 (or negative $0.88), while analysts on average were expecting only negative EPS of $0.39.

& I wasn’t aware of this before

Spotify as investor also provided an update. It noted that the value of its investment in Tencent (TME) Music is now €2.3 billion, going up €652 million in the quarter.

I’ve not heard much about their lawsuit against Apple, since Apple’s response :thinking:

8 Likes

They did a 10% (I think) equity swap with TME.

1 Like

Spotify was looking great pre-market today, being up to $145 but it’s seemed to of stalled at the moment around $136. I reckon maybe was worried hands sold up while it was near the initial offering price

1 Like

Spotify entering hardware business?

https://musically.com/2019/05/17/spotify-car-thing-music-podcasts-hardware-drivers/

1 Like

Also, interesting for who may buy the 50% of universal that’s for sale

3 Likes

And beyond music, Spotify has just announced it’s launching a new app.

Basically it looks like it lets you create Playlists based on artists, kind of like the Playlist radio feature right now, but with multiple artists:

It looks cool, but personally I’d quite like a stand alone app for podcasts, if they’re going to roll one out! I find podcast discovery quite hard on Spotify and still consider it my music player only.

4 Likes

They are slowly rolling out this layout. Just in certain markers atm

I just wish they would pay dividends…

With such huge losses I don’t think they are there yet

1 Like

The US take 15% of dividends as withholding tax before it even reaches your account. And Spotify need that cash. I prefer US listed companies to do buybacks instead if they have the money.

They have a fantastic userbase - they just need to convert them into monthly subscribers.

2 Likes

The one thing preventing me from buying…
Do they have a plan to diversify?