SSE - SSE - Share Chat

This utility company produces, distributes and supplies electricity and gas to homes and businesses in Great Britain and Ireland.

1 Like

Wow, SSE are not feeling the love on here, huh?!

I came in for a look expecting to see tons of chat about their huge renewable energy expansion & discussion around whether the oil industries gradual shift towards similar investments would offer meaningful competition, or, be too little too late. But nothing!

For what it is worth (& if anyone ever reads the SSE thread :rofl:), I think SSE is on the cusp of a genuinely exciting period of growth. Their investment strategy is setting them up as one of the dominant forces in offshore wind.
Leaders in the renewable industry could well be out of sight & reach of fossil fuel dinosaurs like bug oil & gas companies, if they are too slow in their transition - of which they certainly are at the moment.

4 Likes

SSE makes up a part of my portfolio One of my first acquisitions actually when I started investing last year. Hadn’t bought any shares since September time until this pullback -Now a decent chance to top up to rebalance their position in my portfolio.
I like them and I’m confident of their future.

4 Likes

I’m on that page too, Mike. The bonus of them heavily investing now, is that the rewards will be felt at optimum level for a considerable period of time. They are no late, apologetic or desperate investors in renewables & are pitching themselves at the vanguard of the industry.

1 Like

Any reason for the big jump up today not that I’m complaining thinking of taking profits and buying back in later on

1 Like

Rumours of either a takeover bid or a de merger of the renewables division

2 Likes

How high do we see this going? Recently just been going up and up

1 Like

A good long term bet decent dividend. Recently upgraded its profit prediction and everyone needs power even if times get tough. Perhaps more so as we all go out less

Hitting all time highs this week.

1 Like

Any reason for the drop today?
Any news

3 Likes

Any news today that cause a big drop in price??

3 Likes

Anyone calculated how much they need to reduce by to gain the £20 a month reduce costs on electricity?

1 Like

SSE to increase clean energy investment by £2.5bn after profits rise | SSE | The Guardian

3 Likes

Quite impressed with the slow steady nature of this stock. 10%pa for 5 years is nothing to be sniffed at. Plus dividend.
The future may yet be greener.

2 Likes

Totally. I’ve made some healthy gains and they are making big investments in renewables, so some good projected growth in the future.

3 Likes

Is this drop as a result of Labours U-Turn on green initiatives?
Or something more dramatic?
Ah, just read the reuters report.
I should think they will get back on track in the next year, time to buy a few more shares perhaps.

3 Likes