Stocks/ETF Requests

Iā€™m a fan of the iShares megatrends ETFs - AGED, RBOT, HEAL, DGTL. Would be great if these were offered on Freetrade.

1 Like

Hello - will the Sonos shares be available to buy from Freetrade once their IPO is finalised & live? I think itā€™s being listed on NASDAQ but not sure if we will have the option to buy from here? So far iā€™ve only seen Hargreaves promote it

4 Likes

Hey Baroness. I cannot see why not if HL can do. As @rob_h has said in the past (he could correct me if I am wrong), anything offered by Freetradeā€™s American counterpart can be part of Freetradeā€™s offer, which includes most of NYSE and NASDAQ stocks.

Also feel free to suggest it as I have also done.

2 Likes

Is there a validation process for requests? I requested a few additions a few months ago, but they arenā€™t there and I havenā€™t had a confirmation or declination

For reference they are SOG, HLMA, GHH, BVTX, RST and QXT (all UK small/midcap)

1 Like

@Louis, weā€™re focusing on bringing the original stock universe to you as soon as possible. Once we have the app in your hands and our community are trading weā€™ll begin to increase the stock universe to include some of the great suggestions weā€™ve been getting.

4 Likes

Iā€™ve only seen 2 US REIT/Real Estate Tickers on the list.
In a generation for whom saving up for a property is lengthy and costly - REITs offer a good chance to be exposed to RE Markets and profit from regular returns and capital appreciation and liquidity for when you want to sell.
Perhaps we can include some UK/EU/US Reit/RE companies?
Iā€™d rather go with the companies themselves than the Sector ETFs because different companies have different strategies. Personally, Iā€™m all for Big EU City Residential.
What say you?

2 Likes

REITS were ruled out of the version 1 universe on the basis of complexity ā€” PID rules etc. But I assume theyā€™re coming soon. Any back office system that canā€™t handle multiple income streams at differing tax rates is likely not worth its place in a modern broker world.

When a REIT pays id expect youā€™d see two lines of dividend payment but the Freetrade team can confirm that for you.

3 Likes

Thank you!

1 Like

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-08-01/fidelity-to-offer-index-mutual-funds-with-zero-expense-ratio

I hope there are some zero fee funds for the UK market coming soon. :crossed_fingers:

"
Fidelityā€™s fee cuts helped it gather $36 billion in its passive funds in the first half of this year, according to data from Morningstar. But investors still abandoned its active funds to the tune of $27 billion in the period.

Fidelityā€™s announcement of its free funds rocked the shares of peers. BlackRock fell 4.6 percent on the Fidelity news. T. Rowe Price Group Inc., Legg Mason Inc. and Franklin Resources Inc. also slid.

8 Likes

Ah, good info. Wonder if this also explains why I canā€™t buy Pinduoduo in a SIPP.

The Tencent ADRs seem to be only occasionally available, and usually with a minimum purchase.

Is it possible to get Cineworld added?

I think theyā€™ve got potential to improve.

2 Likes

Hey Chris - weā€™ll take a look at it!

1 Like

You have Vanguard ETFs to cover off the UK and US - how about VWRL to track the FTSE All World Index for a global view?

https://www.vanguardinvestor.co.uk/investments/vanguard-ftse-all-world-ucits-etf/overview

3 Likes

Thatā€™s an interesting one, seems kind of like Life Strategy 100 but without the UK bias?

Personally Iā€™d like to see all the VLS products on here at launch, you canā€™t go too wrong with those.

3 Likes

I have submitted for

• ETFMG Prime Cyber Security ETF
  • QinetiQ Group PLC

WIth the discussion I opened about investing in cybersecurity it seems nice to have those two added at some point in the future. :freetrade: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Lifestrategy are mutuals rather than etfs, so may not be palatable to Freetrade. Guess you could construct your own Lifestrategy out of VWRL and a mix of Vanguardā€™s UK/EU/US/Emerging gov bond etfs?

Prime Cyber is a US ETF ā€¦ so your chances of getting it on Freetrade are low or at least in questionā€¦ for the forseeableā€¦ see previous discussion re KIID rules etcā€¦

1 Like

I like pharmaceutical stocks like CELG or smaller companies like IMMU.

I put a request in for Tencentā€™s ADR (TCEHY), and you already have BABA and BIDU on the list. Yeah Chinese tech stocksā€¦ oh.

1 Like

With oil and gas on the up would like to see the ETF ā€˜SPOGā€™

2 Likes