Stop loss and limit order at same time

I dont think that’s what he is asking though.
The idea is I already own 1 stock only and current price is 10. I would like to set a Limit Sell Order at 12 (meaning if the stock reaches 12 then Sell), and in the same order I want to set a Stop Loss Order at 9 (meaning if the price drops from 10 to 9 then Sell the stock). Can that be done? this is a basic function from a broker.

1 Like

Hi i just signed up to say… yes THIS!
seems crazy that I cant do both to be honest.

1 Like

Completely agree with previous posters. I’ve been finding my way on freetrade for a month or so with a very small amount to learn the ropes in advance of using the new SIPP offer.

I’ve just today upgraded to Plus specifically to use the limit and stop features. The stop loss is obviously going to be essential, so that I don’t see my pension disappear through a hole in the floor when I’m not looking! The fact that I can’t simultaneously set a sell limit for the same stock so I can take advantage of extreme peaks means I’ll probably be looking elsewhere for my SIPP though. Shame.

1 Like

Freetrade, please tell me this is being worked on?

I hate to be one of those people complaining about ‘not fit for purpose’ but the truth is, the current implementation of stop loss and limit order is exactly that.

If I purchase 100 shares, I should be able to set a stop loss on all 100 shares to protect my investment AND set a limit order on all 100 shares to sell at my chosen price target.

As things stand, your Plus customers are having to choose between setting a stop loss and setting a limit order. Or do something strange like set a stop loss on 50 of the shares and a limit order on the other 50, which is not a solution.

I signed up to Plus on the promise of both order types being available but am very disappointed at the current half implementation. Show me another broker where you can’t have both types of order queued for the same batch of shares?

3 Likes

I am also interested in this being fixed ASAP.

2 Likes

Dear developer team, are there any plans to implement this in the near future?
i.e. set Stop Loss and Sell Limit for the same share we own?

This topic was automatically closed 91 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.