Suggest Weekend Read topics 🗞

1 Like

Spot on Spyros. We are happy with all the above. Great content so far. On Viktor’s point I think most would be read daily or the following day. Possibly have it stored on the app? Haven’t used it so that mightn’t be possible (at this time)

1 Like

I used to enjoy the “this week at Freetrade” articles - appreciate there are commercial sensitivities especially with others now in the market but is it possible to restart these?

3 Likes

It’s something we’re looking at. :+1:

The main bottleneck is resources, which is something we’re working on. We think it was an interesting series from a content standpoint, and the community got a lot of value out of it.

3 Likes

Prefer weekdays as I try to make weekends about family. Understand that everyone will have a different view and in reality I often read them during the work commute anyway.

Industries of the future would be great, vertical farming that’s been mentioned in the forum would be an interesting topic

Also some insight on the streaming wars i.e. Apple, Netflix, Amazon, Britbox, Disney etc

4 Likes

Feel free to outsource it @Viktor Most of the time I’m reading and crunching numbers anyway. The Streaming Battle could be a topic - Bob Iger of Disney has just left the Apple board after the $4.99 family plan announcement by Apple. It’s on.

2 Likes

Market research and analysis of stocks with good value

1 Like

As long as Toby is writing them it’s all good :grin:

Marijuana industry and some news as to when the likes of Aurora will be on freetrade

3 Likes

I think something on content/copyright owners would be interesting… and not just on films/tv

1 Like

I just read that thread. It would be very interesting!

1 Like

Will we get a weekend read this weekend?

I’m afraid not!

We have a couple of impressive new joiners to the marketing team, and it makes sense to wait for them, so we can revamp the newsletter as part of our new, integrated content strategy.

We are looking to restart it sometime in Q4.

5 Likes

That’s pretty sad. I really liked the weekend reads!

Is Toby still with Freetrade? His writing style really resonated with me!

7 Likes

+1 for the @Toby fan club

3 Likes

Toby is not with Freetrade anymore, but beyond that, we don’t comment on individual team members.

Our writing style is not quite dependent on any one individual (including yours truly). We have a codified tone of voice guide that all writers will follow. That said, it’s amazing to hear so many people like it.

When we were developing it in the early days, not everyone was amused.

This from an early newsletter I sent in 2017:

4 Likes

Sad to read that Viktor. Whilst a codified tone is nice, Toby seemed to make it ‘pop’ and be instantly relatable. I wish him all the best with wherever he has gone.

That said, looking forward to whoever picks up the mantle next, the series is a real killer feature for me and one I hope can continue. :+1:

5 Likes

Oh, it will definitely continue.

4 Likes

Really interesting, I had noticed that all of your marketing team use a similar tone.