Team17 šŸŖ± - TM17

Team17

Established in 1990, Team17 is an independent developer and games label for premium games. We collaborate with fellow developers around the globe sharing our expertise from creation to launch across PC, console and mobile devices.

We are proud of our longstanding heritage and passion to create quality gaming experiences for audiences worldwide.

We have released over 90 premium games topping charts on most gaming platforms and winning many awards collectively with our partners from BAFTAs to Golden Joysticks and more.

www.google.co.uk/finance?q=LON%3ATM17

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Team17

2 Likes

Anybody know how many other public game devs/publishers there are listed in the UK?

Frontier and Sumo Digital are the only others I know of.

1 Like

Hi, I also know of Codemasters that are listed too (CDM). Thereā€™s a lack of UK game dev/publishers on Freetrade. I canā€™t find one!

2 Likes

Theyā€™re an interesting one, IPO last year right? The Indian company that used to own them still holds a 29% stake apparently. Could be an excellent one to go for given Dirt Rally 2 coming out and the general devaluation of gaming stocks right now. Only risk factor I see is potential for volatility as according to their website ownership is dominated by large shareholders.

I think there are only those four in the UK though, by market cap:

Frontier Developments: Ā£335m
Team17: Ā£263m
Codemasters: Ā£245m
Sumo Digital: Ā£191m

Other game related stocks include Game Digital (GMD), Keywords Studios (KWS) and soon Green Man Gaming (presumably GMG, although its been delayed). Nothing on Freetrade yet I think :eyes:.

1 Like

Good call out, Iā€™ve added FDEV due to their larger market cap than TM17:
https://community.freetrade.io/t/frontier-developments-plc-fdev/5043

If thereā€™s appetite for these UK game companies then Iā€™m sure more will be added to Freetrade :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I hope that Freetrade add Team 17 soon!!

2 Likes

https://www.team17.com/about-us/

Team 17 are the creators of Worms, would love to see this company on Freetrade!

1 Like

I added TM17 back in Feb:

1 Like

Nice one! I didnā€™t see that, hopefully they will add a bunch of UK game developers

2 Likes

Promising numbers in the half year results, although worth noting the comment about H1 weighting.

Financial highlights:
Ā· Revenues increased 97% to Ā£30.4m (H1 2018: Ā£15.4m)
o Revenue profile across FY19 more H1 weighted than previous years due to release schedule
Ā· Gross profit up 119% to Ā£15.1m (H1 2018: Ā£6.9m)
Ā· Gross profit margin of 49.8% (H1 2018: 44.4%)
Ā· Adjusted EBITDA* up 145% to Ā£12.0m (H1 2018: Ā£4.9m)
Ā· Adjusted Earnings per share (ā€œEPSā€)** up 356% to 7.31 pence (H1 2018: 1.63 pence)
Ā· Operating cash conversion of 109% (H1 2018: 200%)***
Ā· Net cash and cash equivalents of Ā£35.8m (H1 2018: Ā£16.7m)

https://polaris.brighterir.com/public/team17/news/json_news/story/x88l1ex

2 Likes

Any word on if Team17 might be added any time soon? The stock has been steadily rising all year and I feel Iā€™ve been missing out! I donā€™t want to have to sign up somewhere else just for this one stock!

3 Likes

Once the full AIM is available on Freetrade, TM17 will be one of the first to appear. The Invest platform is almost ready for everyone too.
Not long left to wait now :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I wish this had been added. I had to buy this (and a lot of other stocks) on Hargreeves because Freetrade just donā€™t offer enough of the market yet.

I dont see why this couldnā€™t be added fairly easily? There are already a lot of AIM stocks on Freetrade. Its not like its on an exchange Freetrade are yet to connect to?

1 Like

Itā€™s the same as every other stock due to be added. All hands on deck upgrading to the new platform - then the floodgates will open.

(Hopefully!)

1 Like

True, FT has limited resources and dedicate them to the new platform for now. I had a position with TM17 on IG and sold when IG were chaging the fee structure. Just hope the floodgates open soon :wink:

Hi, does anyone else see Team 17 as having potential?Iā€™d like to be able to invest on Freetrade.

I think this would be a Great addition, in which I would be looking to invest.:relaxed:

1 Like

They have maintained the value dispite the recent sell offs and setbacks. Take a look at CDM which hasnā€™t done so well. Confidence in TM17 is strong based on this and depending on how the launch of their upcoming releases, Moving Out, The Survivalists, will determind their future value. Should hopefully see them scale up their development and publishing in 2020 and beyond. Would see CDM being better value than FDEV and TM17 today.

1 Like

Hi i didnā€™t see anything on the roadmap where the entire AIM market would be added. Would you mind pointing me to it?

Will this one be a sanctuary in 2020?

I reckon TM17 could be as close to being one as you can get. Anyone bearish?