Technology Minerals - TM1 - Share Chat

One of the only environmental friendly lithium & led battery recycling companies out there & the only one in the UK, the recycling side of the company is not even up and running yet an the price is already flying (touch wood it carries on) and i can only imagine the price is going to get much higher once two of the new plants open in the Midlands next month, this is probably my most exciting stock at the min i just hope i don’t get shot down in flames :tired_face: i also think bradda head lithium is going to do really well, im 22% up on that in the last week & ive just been looking at some really positive reports on it, i think it could be another 1 that could easily more than x10 in the future

This looks like it’s guna be my first share that I’m actually going to be averaging up on. I want to get some more ha. Goodbye my 3.5p average :frowning:

1 Like

Same problem but guess it’s a good one to have!

What a start this morning +6%

Very hard to top up on dips… Because there is no dips​:top::stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like

Currently holding 20K shares, I’ll stop there for now :crazy_face:

2 Likes

I got 19k shares at the moment

1 Like

Yeah I got in early with 15k but that’s enough for me for now.
Wonder what these will be worth 5-10 years.
Only time will tell long term hold it is

1 Like

The sector might be huge in a few years but TM1 might not be able to execute.

In the mid 2000’s Yahoo was in a fantastic industry and looking good, last year they were sold for $5bn v Google $1.7trn.

Just to calm the excitement a little.

5 Likes

I personally think that stock gona be good for a short term ( possibly long term as well) keep for a while and sell off with profit.

2 Likes

Long term for me this atleast 2 or 3 years

3 Likes

10 minute article on TM1 and the establishment of their circular economy from around 16 minutes in.

Hope it is of interest.

3 Likes

Hi, newbie here! I’ve been skimming my investment, eg if my initial investment was £500 when it reaches £700 for example I sell £200 of shares. Yes this gives you less share but at a higher rate to be able to repeat the process. In my mind I’m covering the risk slightly, I’m only day trading at the moment.
Any thoughts?

If you can time the market that would work.
I’m more a buy hold and top up person.
£cost average works for me

3 Likes

New here too @watts043

I’m ploughing all my gains back in (and my losses!). Compound interest is why people get rich with the stock market (or die trying). The difference between a 10% rise in the price of TM1 with a holding of £500 (£50) compared to £700 (£70) is £20. The next 10% rise of your now £720 holding would be £72, where as if you skimmed your holding down to £500 you would only have made £55 on that next 10% rise. While skimmed holding remains at £55 for every 10% gain, your next increases of the unskimmed holding would be £79.20, £87.12, £95.83 (if my brain is working correctly this morning). If you compound this over and over you can see the benefits of reinvesting. Of course the same goes for losses.

If you choose your stocks wisely and the market is in your favour, by doing nothing with your stocks, you raise your stakes in the company. The 10% figure is not linear but, like Covid, increases exponentially depending on the size of your holding.

All of the money that I put into shares, I am prepared to lose and I suppose pulling out your initial investment could be useful but it could slow your gains considerably if done regularly as a matter of course.

3 Likes

Dosent make any sense.

2 Likes

To me that seems like a long winded way of saying that the more you put in the bigger gains you see if it goes up.

And what if it goes down?

It’s great in a bull market but what about when the momentum runs out? I’d suggest setting rules regarding each of your investments for when to cash out (but reviewing the fundamental reasons you bought in originally in case you need to take a different action).
I’ve been too greedy in the past, averaged up as the share price rises, only to see the shares fall below my average having taken no profits.

As they say: “no one ever went broke taking profits”.

Just my opinion :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

3 Likes

Yes, you are right. I guess we all have different aims and my strategy is certainly evolving.

There may well be a time when I have enough invested where I will pull cash out in bear markets but at this stage I’m happy to watch, wait and average down.

6 Likes

I am just going to wait then collect a million :grin:

5 Likes

I’m fairly new to this but have been following this company for a while. Of all the companies I’m following this looks like the most exciting. Have been topping up every few weeks and just topped up some more in what I’m hoping is a mini dip today.

Looking forward to seeing where this stock goes over the next year, it’s going to be an exciting ride.

4 Likes