Tencent - TCEHY - Sharechat

Tencent is a dominant player operating five main platforms: IM - QQ, Weixin, SNS, online game, media (self-media, microblog, video), and utilities (video browser, mobile browser). It owns the world’s third largest social platform with 90% penetration in China. It is the No.1 global leader in online games which owns 100% Riot Games and 84.3% Supercell. It is also the No.2 payments player competing with Alipay (Source).

My personal opinion is that Tencent is the veins of the Chinese consumer economy, which grows massively, leading Tencent to huge growth opportunities.

Wiki

Google Finance

TipRanks

Read more about OTC stocks and how they’re traded here

What are OTC stocks and ADRs? - Freetrade | Learn)

Very anecdotal observation - I’ve travelled to China a few times in the past 2-3 years, and WeChat seemed to be the primary mobile payments app. Even the smallest street stalls seemed to accept it.

4 Likes

Chinese gov’s recent restrictions on launching new games seem to have depressed the stock in recent months - possible opportunity for ^ if the restrictions are lifted in future…

3 Likes

I’m so glad this was here. Saves me trying to figure out how to format a post properly. Gets my vote, a lot of money in this companies future.

Why is tencent not in there? It’s one of the biggest Chinese companies out there next to alibaba. And alibaba is not on the list atm too. I thought it was going on??

They are both on the US market too.

At the moment, it is the second most popular by the votes count (excluding stocks that have already been implemented).

So will this be added into the list and app?

It is a peculiar one because Tencent is not traded on the NYSE or NASDAQ, but rather is an “Over the Counter” stock. It creates some complications when it comes to offering it, liquidity and compliance being two to mention. Maybe someone from Freetrade could elaborate further :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Anyone got any updates on why Tencent isn’t in the app? :slight_smile:

1 Like

Tencent don’t have a sponsored ADR in the US so we’re not able to add them at the moment :pensive:

5 Likes

3 Likes

Yes please to Tencent!

1 Like

What about Tencent Music Entertainment?

1 Like

Sooo is Tencent going to be added any time soon?

2 Likes

Would love Tencent to be added to Freetrade and Tencent Music Entertainment (TME)

1 Like

Any update @freetrade?

2 Likes

Until Tencent has a sponsored ADR they will not be able to add them. this is mentioned by staff further up the thread.

2 Likes

But is this also the case for TME?

Seems odd that TME wouldn’t make the bid

2 Likes

After getting around to listening to Acquired’s podcast on Tencent, I’m dying for them to get a sponsored ADR!

Heavily reccomend Acquired’s episode on Tencent

3 Likes