Tesla Motors - TSLA - Share Chat

Yes, I’m wondering how much lower it can go. That idiot’s antics, especially the fact that he now seems to support both the GOP and Russia, means I simply want out but am waiting for the price to rise enough that I can sell without losing too much. Looks like it will be an eternity before that happens now!

1 Like

Tesla’s been screwing the Shorts for a long time. Time to get one over on the Longs now!

1 Like
4 Likes

Telsa has become the only real blemish to my portfolio. And it just keeps getting lower. Desperate to get out now but hoping the price can rise a bit first. I should have got out when the stock split. At least I would have made a bit

I feel exactly the same as you. I would have lost quite a lot getting out when the stock split, but not half as much as I would now :frowning:

The short-term horizon thinking amazes me sometimes.

1 Like

Nothing to do with short term thinking. I simply don’t like vile GOP Russia supporting people who bully their staff and I no longer wish to invest in a company who has such a person as a CEO. However, I’m also not going to shoot myself in the foot by fire selling when I’m making such a loss. I don’t care how much “potential” I might end up missing out on, as soon as Tesla reaches a point where I’m not making a loss, I’m out!

2 Likes

Not sure how you have drawn that conclusion about EM but each their own.

1 Like

Can’t wait to buy your shares.

4 Likes

A Stock split should make no difference to the overall value of your holdings.

Long term $TSLA holders, how you holding up?

Stay strong my friends.

1 Like

Was in profit for 18 months, lost it all beginning of November and currently-20%

1 Like

Paper loss :wink:

2 Likes

Only %20 down, but as this me just starting to build something then im taking advantage of it where i can.

Having invested in lithium mining, lithium refining, lithium recycling then it just makes sense to me to invest in an end user.

And Tesla is that and so much more.

2 Likes

Was up about 10x, currently up about 3x.

This is from my spreadsheet:

I would say long term is years, not months. Just buy something and forget about it, in my opinion.

1 Like

Totally with you!

Minimum 7 years but ideally longer IMO.

1 Like

Would it not have been better if you had sold when it was 10x then bought back when it went down? Or sold some of it

Perfectly timing the market will always beat ‘time in the market’, but the issue is timing the market badly won’t beat ‘time in the market’.

3 Likes

Yes, but the whole market is trying to do that, so unless you have an edge your results are pretty much random. I believe that the longer the time frame, the lesser the effects of random volatility as long as you think the long term business case is viable.