Tesla Motors - TSLA - Share Chat

HODL your $TSLA in Usd and dont sell ((not an investment advice))?

So much innovation in $ stonks.

“Elon Musk’s Unlikely Journey: Got To Canada With $2,000 At 17, Dropped Out Of Grad School $110,000 In Debt, Now A Meme Lord” Elon Musk's Unlikely Journey: Got To Canada With $2,000 At 17, Dropped Out Of Grad School $110,000 In Debt, Now A Meme Lord - CleanTechnica

“More background: I arrived in North America at 17 w $2000, a backpack & a suitcase full of books. Paid my own way thru college. Dropped out of Stanford Eng/Phys grad school w $110k in college debt. Created Internet startup w bro & Greg Khouri (love bro & loved Greg, may he RIP)” - Meme Lord

Elon’s younger bro. just off loaded 25.6M worth of Tesla shares. Watch the charts when market opens.

That was about 5% of his shares in the company.

3 Likes

Glad I got out when I did.

Why?

1 Like

Elon once got booted from the PayPal leadership…the only guy who can take us to the moon :first_quarter_moon_with_face: $TSLA is my biggest position and I’ll buy a Tesla when Covid is over.

1 Like

Why the offload? Anyone’s guess. To pay off taxes?

buy the dip?!

1 Like

I Was about to but then went for some Bumble, aphria, gevo, ehang and Hyliion instead…all in the green so far…

The days of short-sellers ****ing $TSLA are gone, Tesla will hit $1 TN in market cap this year because 0% interest rates, factories and more production. What a time to be alive, thanks ELON BTC

1 Like

I think some people are asking why $1.5bn couldn’t be better spent on r&d in such a new industry

2 Likes

It’s not new but they already spent $ 969 MLN on R&D and $ 2 BN on capital expenditure in nine months ending Sept30: Tesla, Inc. [TSLA] Filings | Quick10K $ 1.5 BN in BITCOIN is better than hodling any hard currency. Tesla had $14.5 BN in cash & equivalents at the end of 3Q '20.

I hate accounting.

1 Like

Imagine Elon YOLOed $1.5 BN on $GME in January. But he already sent one Tesla into space.

1 Like

To be most objective, the best argument I’ve read is that if Tesla truly had no use for that $1.5bn (I think they might have) they could have returned that to shareholders and we could have decided whether to buy BTC ourselves. They can claim its just ordinary treasury activity but it clearly isn’t.

3 Likes

I think it is an educated calculation. Putting a small proportion of your cash reserves into BTC for 2021 is a reasonable bet. If they turn that $1.5B into $10B by the end of the year then they will be in a great position for future growth.
Growth in the next few years will be a cash hungry business. This may stop the need for future capital raises.

big gains man. bitcoin and tesla baby. I am a serious investor in both (also ETH) Tesla's bitcoin investment is already up 30%

Tesla (TSLA) blazes another trail by becoming the first non-fintech Fortune 100 company to load up on bitcoin (BTC-USD) — amassing a $1.5 billion stake in January. Its new cryptocurrency investment may be sitting on unrealized gains of over 37%, including an 18% run-up in the price of bitcoin Tuesday morning to $47,000.

According to Yahoo Finance calculations and data, Tesla’s volume-weighted average price in January was $34,200, which we use as a proxy for Tesla’s purchase price of bitcoin. Based on the $47,000 bitcoin price as of 4:30 a.m. ET on Monday, that represents a gain of roughly 37%, or an unrealized profit of $561 million.

2 Likes

same

1 Like

MULTI BAGGER ALERT

TESLA TO THE MOON INDIA

2 Likes

I guess you bought the dip :smiley:

I bleed $TSLA, I never sell, i like losing money with my online friends Seriously tho I dont sell $ELON

2 Likes