Tesla Motors - TSLA - Share Chat

This is getting ridiculous I think

4 Likes

How does the saying go? “All publicity is good publicity” No-one talks about other car brands whilst EM comes out with random things :joy:

1 Like

You buy Tesla stock @ $180 and pay an extra $500 on top because the CEO plays new publicity games.

3 Likes

Funny article about tesla and now some are suing Elon Musk.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/technology-56404583

There can only be 2 types of investors in Tesla. 1st the originals who must have made a killing and 2nd the newer investor who should know what Elon is like. Either way now suing him is pretty pathetic and greedy. Bet they didn’t consider suing when his erratic behaviour pumped up the price :joy:
An awful lot of the Tesla price is purely down to Elon and his constant attention good or bad. As an investor you don’t have to like him but Tesla without him could plummet longer than a blip.
With his space ambitions etc his brand will be unique in auto and considered cool to many for a very long time.

3 Likes

7 Likes

This is par for the course. If you ever fancy looking up their 10k form and checking ‘legal proceedings’ they are always being sued by someone. I think there was a period back in 2015-18 where they were sailing a bit close to the wind at times but they are now so huge that this type of thing isnt a big deal for me. I doubt Elon loses a moment of sleep about it.

2 Likes

I bought more at $563, so if the shares go over $700, I break even including my $800 shares :slight_smile:

1 Like

My avg. is £161 and I still get nervous :grimacing:

3 Likes

Hey @LSB2 can you buy some more when it hits $800 again so we can buy more when it drops again :slight_smile:

1 Like

Might be a while, but I’ll give it a go lol

1 Like

Worth a read.

Still waiting for a more reasonable valuation!

It’s currently worth about 6x VW and still up 800% over a year! Seems a bit rich to me as there is a long road before they are reliably profitable and difficult conditions to navigate this year. Still, they will IMO do well in the long term.

1 Like

I see it a bit differently with nothing but good catalysts on the horizon (model y in China, two more factories coming on line, semi and cybertruck launching, progress with full self driving, energy division growing rapidly). I’m open to opposing interpretations though. What are the difficult conditions you think they need to navigate?

Just a few little things:

• A global pandemic!
  • The end of the long tech boom (which they have benefited from by association)
  • A crash in Bitcoin (which they are now indelibly associated with)
  • Factory closed in Q1, most markets suppressed by pandemic for Q1 (short term)
  • Massive capital outlays required over the next few years (same for competitors, but still tough)
  • The return of reality to US stock prices with the end of helicopter money
  • The difficult last 10% of FSD which may take a decade to iron out
  • Growing competition as the rest of the industry finally catches on to EV

There are lots of bumps in the road to choose from, I expect them to hit a few, and even without that the market may move in ways that undermine Tesla’s very high valuation. They are valued as if they are worth more than all the dominant car companies in the world, which IMO prices in a decade of execution still to come (to expand into energy, haulage and other associated markets). It certainly can be done and they can grow into their valuation but they’re not there yet IMO.

They have gone up 800% in one year (far more than that even before this slight correction), clearly that cannot continue, and is more likely to reverse in the short term IMO.

9 Likes

Tesla will continue to rise because electric cars are the future.

1 Like

Oh no… Hopefully this doesn’t lead to wider / tighter restrictions

1 Like

“ Ark expects Tesla’s market capitalization to reach as high as $4 trillion in the best-case scenario”

Would love to see how they got to this number

in the-best case scenario I think they see FSD and robotaxi fleet dominating the world and leaving the competition behind; and, may I add, a few pumped tweets by the tweetczar himself

4 Likes
1 Like