Tesla Motors - TSLA - Share Chat

I’m up 220% … really torn whether to sell or just hold on

3 Likes

Ye it’s literally only for degenerate gamblers. The financial gore you see on it is mental. People losing hundreds of thousands

Like Nancy “Iron Hands” Pelosi.

https://www.reddit.com/r/wallstreetbets/comments/enx5fh/nancy_pelosi_has_30_140_strike_fb_calls_expiring/

1 Like

I think Tesla is the perfect example of when to use the instant trade feature. For those of you who are up and see it dropping, sell your share instantly. When it starts to drop it will drop hard.

May bounce back but not as quick as it’s been rising right now!

1 Like

She’s made bank of Visa

Now is the time to vote for extended hours trading.

2 Likes

Oof I’m on the cusp of a sellout. Clinging on for dear life!

Good idea, but mainly benefits short term traders.

If you’re in it for the long haul, shouldn’t impact that much!

Be fearful when others are greedy guys!

3 Likes

Rather than try optimise the return, maybe consider trying to minimise your future regret?

Optimise: “which would be the best move now: buy, sell, hold?”
Minimise: “which future outcome would hurt me the most, and how do I ‘insure’ against that a bit?”.

If it were me, I’d probably sell a bit of it to minimise the “I was up 220% and then it went to -20% and now I am very sad” scenario.

4 Likes

Was going to cash out at market opening of around $860 but it just keeps going up - $940 now

Make it stop :rofl:

2 Likes

Yes, selling a bit to preserve your gains, and keeping a bit is a good plan if you’re unsure.

I’m pretty happy with my gain on this, made a lot of money even selling in lots in the mid 600s, but I wasn’t expecting it to rise quite so much after I sold over several days (600-900 in a few days!). I’m going to have to stop looking at the price :see_no_evil: deliberately not calculating what I would have made selling today. Still if you’ve made a lot of money on it already, selling some is safest if you think it might come down again soon.

Congrats on holding on in there!

Maybe this is the short squeeze everyone has been waiting for - I can’t think of many other reasons for the market to raise prices this far this fast, the earnings report simply wasn’t this good.

Re those buying in just now, I would not buy in at these levels at this stage I’m afraid, and suspect a lot of people are going to get burned by thinking this stock only moves in one direction, particularly with the bad news out of China, which may well scupper their first quarter (which is typically not great, and will need the china factory up and running).

Never a dull moment with Tesla though, I still remember the dark days of $180 after Q1 last year when everything was doom and gloom.

4 Likes

Good for cashing in the 1.5% exchange fee.

Over 900… what to do

1 Like

I’ve just crept over the £500 profit per share mark…chewing a hole in my hands here.

3 Likes

Bought a couple of shares back in Jul/Aug (cheers Freetrade :wink:) so up 255%, I was on the fence but decided to sell in the end, I really hope to get back in at a later date as this is a great company doing great things.

p.s. Don’t watch a live ticker of the price if you want to hang onto your shares :see_no_evil:

Hold

3 Likes

5 Likes

giphy

2 Likes

Madness! :sweat_smile: