Tesla Motors - TSLA - Share Chat

Yes absolutely right - TSLA up about 46%.
Made £1335 in three weeks. can’t complain.

Welcome to the forum, @Julian_Alany :wave:

My only issue with tesla is that it doesn’t seem to follow any sense of normality. It was trading at over $900 and still hasn’t made a single penny of profit. My guess is that they’ll have really poor earnings (understandably), musk will announce a new giga-factory on mars, and the price will hit a new high based on nothing. Gutted I sold mine because I love the company :sob:

Profit is generally not a good metric to value businesses. It took amazon essentially a decade to become profitable. But even then, profits were rare, because they put all their money into expansion.

You need to get to the profits eventually though, Amazon are consistently making huge profits now. The question is whether Tesla will ever make enough to justify the current valuation. I’m dubious

1 Like

Me too, especially with the possible disruption Hydrogen Fuel Cells could cause.

• Adjusted earnings per share: $1.24 vs. loss of 37 cents per share expected and loss of $2.90 per share Y/Y
  • Revenue: $5.99 billion vs. $5.81 billion expected and $4.54 billion Y/Y
  • Free cash flow: -$895 million vs. -$604.4 million expected

“In Q1, we reached our highest ever revenue for a seasonally slower first quarter as our total revenue grew 32% [year over year],” the company said in a statement. “Sequentially, our revenue was mainly impacted by lower deliveries, driven primarily by limitations on our ability to deliver vehicles towards the end of the quarter.”

source

Pleased for shareholders, I can’t stand Musk so I refuse to buy Tesla stock.

But well done all!

2 Likes
4 Likes

Elon is the biggest asset and liability for Tesla :joy:

2 Likes

Couple hours after I just bought shares too! Thanks Elon !! :man_facepalming:

1 Like

Someone needs to take his account off him :man_facepalming::man_facepalming::man_facepalming:

1 Like

Dave Portnoy probably captures investor sentiment well right now.

4 Likes

Well, he’s not wrong.

There are quite a few headwinds now they’ll have to battle through before they see significant market share, and the car market is going to be pretty depressed globally for the next year or so at least after all this disruption and the economic fallout of lockdowns.

3 Likes

Has this guy never heard of Elon musk before?
He speaks like this is the first time Elon opened his mouth and trashed the stock price. If he put his money into Tesla, he took that risk (or did no research), either way it’s on him. zero sympathy from me.

He’s funny. Losing a lot of money but he’ll be okay

2 Likes

This has to be another SEC case surely…

5 Likes
3 Likes

I mean, he could just be hinting to a share split?

He’s just throwing his toys because he doesn’t like lockdown.

1 Like