Tesla Motors - TSLA - Share Chat

Yep. Cleanspark is a distributed energy micro grid company thats seen huge grown in their core business, but just recently pivoted to BTC mining as well as a means to raise more capital to fund their micro grid business (something Tesla is looking to do as well with potential updates to their power packs). As a result of this pivot, revenue due to surge and stock up 250% since November. Sadly I can only buy the CLSK stock with other platforms, not FreeTrade.

:roll_eyes:

Nobody, and I do mean nobody tell Cathy!

7 Likes

Wow Tesla’s taking a nose dive.

Some would say it is fully self-diving :joy:

6 Likes

Interesting news on the ARKK ETF recently - apparently the person who provided seed funding for four of their first ETFs was… Bill Hwang of Archegos infamy - whose scam was to leverage up on long bets and keep them going with yet more undeclared leverage until it all blew up, leading to a massive drawdown in certain Chinese stocks and the demise of his ‘family office’.

A little worrying, since Tesla is one of the largest holdings in this ETF.

1 Like

$603.59 :flushed:going to look down the side of the sofa for spare change :smile:, wonder if it will go any lower?

2 Likes

It could well drop a lot lower, and stay there - seems like this and many other tech stocks are getting a reality check.

edit touch wood it doesn’t, and instead “to the moon!” :sweat_smile:

1 Like

Interesting video

Looks to me like FSD is still a long way off

2 Likes

Yep, it’s remarkable progress though. I reckon in the next 10 years we’ll really start to see a transformation in industries like shipping and taxis to EV first and then to self-driving vehicles, but there is a lot of work to be done before entire industries are transformed - the market price of Tesla got way ahead of fundamentals IMO, but it is getting closer with recent drops.

I do think Tesla is well positioned to take advantage of that shift, but it won’t come overnight or even within a year or two, it’ll take time and a lot of work to get there, so there is still a lot of work to be done.

Perhaps but a lot is expected of V.9 which should be coming quite soon.

1 Like

Looks like there could be a be UK Gigafactory in the works. FREMONT, ARIZONA, SHANGHAI, BERLIN … Luton.
It does sound a little trotters independent traders.

2 Likes

But like Luton airport it’ll be branded LONDON

2 Likes

Yeah since the German one is also not in Berlin.

Why would they want to build a car factory in the UK? Would you considering it’s not part of the EU?

Maybe they think it’s a big enough market for cars and batteries to justify the construction of a factory

1 Like

Nissan doubled down on Sunderland after Brexit didn’t they? I don’t remember hearing many more big auto manufacturing commitments but I’m sure there must have been some.

I wonder if everyone is banking on the UK being a low corporation tax haven with EU access through a good trade deal? A bit like Ireland only in a bigger country with more to offer than it’s low taxes - and threats from the EU.

1 Like

I think he might want a piece of the two million new cars bought in the UK every year.

The UK buys about 10-15% of all new cars in Europe.

Even Elon Musk knows it’s not rocket science. :wink:

4 Likes

In June 2020 Tesla were granted a energy production licence in the UK. I think they could quite likely build out a facility as set out in this article -

This could be genuinely be a big deal for Tesla. Establishing a utility arm could generate a steady source of income (think AWS to Amazon) to help fund future growth & r&d. They have the software in place from the massive battery in Australia which leave the question around the batteries. There has been a lot of talk around lithium mining in Cornwall - could this give a hint to the location (south west area)

2 Likes