Bernstein: Maintains Underperform, $180 PT

Link

Wells Fargo: Raises PT from $590 to $660

RBC: Raises PT from $718 to $745

Independent Research: Maintains Sell, Raises PT from $338 to $351

Canaccord Genuity: Cuts PT from $812 to $768

Link

8 Likes

Thanks for taking the time and effort to compile all of these. Great to see them all on the same page, all in the same ball park, all consistently singing from the same hymn sheet.

It really inspires confidence in all kinds of financial analysis when I see big names like these in agreement. It definitely doesnā€™t make me think that itā€™s all bullshit cow pats, guesswork and luck.

5 Likes

To be honest the sell side analysts are just having the same ā€˜not a car companyā€™ debate as everyone else: some are estimates based on them being the worldā€™s top premium car manufacturer others are based on a tech/energy company that happens to sell cars. The MS alert even calls this out explicitly saying 60% of the value comes from outside of auto.

Itā€™s no surprise that gives very different results, if they were all just looking at cars theyā€™d probably come up with similar sales volumes, margins and targets, but thatā€™s not the case. Some of them are basically valuing another Alphabet and others are valuing another VW.

Itā€™s not like these guys can tell you which Tesla will end up becoming so the actual numbers themselves are fairly meaningless.

6 Likes

Hone in there, whatā€™s 60% of 900? 540, cool. How much did Adam Jonas value Starlink at? $81b. 81. 540 is 81% ofā€¦

Illumamatu 10% confirmed

8 Likes

How do people think Tesla will do over the next few months?

Hopefully a lot better than it has done these last few months. Iā€™ve been in minus since around March, although it has clawed back some and Iā€™m now currently only ~1.5% loss, so should be in profit hopefully today.

Looks like we could see a drop at the opening bell.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/money/companies/us-opens-formal-safety-probe-into-tesla-autopilot-crashes/ar-AANn7dR

1 Like

And the reaction on the (cultish) TeslaMotors subreddit. There are some voices of reason but a lot of people defending a multi billion dollar company owned by the 2nd richest man in the worldā€¦ as though Tesla is infallible and incapable of mistakes.

3 Likes

Anyone else swooping in to get a few cheaper-than-normal shares?
Should have sold my previous when they were 25% up! But hey learnt my lesson :joy:

1 Like
4 Likes
1 Like

Im personally expecting a very big Q3 and Q4 and the share price should move up in response. Production expansion at the China factory will drive delivery numbers higher, Berlin and Texas factories will then start pre-production and improving liquidity may result in investment grade credit rating some time around the new year. Supply chain difficulties could slow some of this down but Im very optimistic about the next 6 months.

Progress on Autopilot is a wild card. If they are able to make consistent improvements every 2 weeks more value might start to be assigned to autonomous driving potential. For now I think most see that as long-shot. Im going to hold and see where we are in January.

3 Likes

More than just a car company ā€¦

They have applied for the same permissions in the UK.

3 Likes

I am right in thinking this is under the Tesla TSLA share umbrella and not going to be a separate entity?

1 Like

Yes Iā€™d imagine it would be kept in house. The car business is fairly low margin so surrounding it with more profitable revenue streams means they have an advantage over their competitors.

2 Likes

Thought so but wasnā€™t 100% sure. :+1:

2 Likes

Hi All,

Just dropping to congratulate all who held Tesla during the massive sell off earlier this year a lot of people on this board were talking absolute drivel about how the sell off was permanent and Teslaā€™s valuation was still overvalued! How wrong they were stay strong bulls and keep holding and accumulating!

7 Likes

I would say itā€™s still overvalued by traditional metrics, but Iā€™m holding anyway long term.

Iā€™m up 1,000% now.

11 Likes

737B market cap is a big and impressive market cap.
But itā€™s built on sand and there is going to be a mighty crash. Itā€™s just a matter of when.
Itā€™s a like a massive rollercoaster cranking up for a drop, leaving those on board throwing up over the side and desperate to get off.

Yes, Tesla is a good company, but its price is based on a belief in one very charismatic man.
Hold by all means. Just hold on tight!

2 Likes