Tesla (TSLA) 🚗🔌 - Share Chat

This is what you call a deep dive… Thanks for sharing!

1 Like
1 Like
1 Like

Tesla China smashes monthly sales record with over 52K deliveries, 56K cars sold in September 2021. Boom, no demand?

Total sales: 56,006 units
China sales: 52,153 units
Model Y deliveries: 33,033

3 Likes

So, essentially, TSLA can roughly 10x from here if it captures a large part of a $5T global road transportation market by the 2040s. This same MBA grad then says there are no alternative investments that provide a return large enough to discount against holding TSLA, whilst also acknowledging the anti-trust risk and unlikelihood of shareholder returns…

1 Like

So telsa has launched its own insurance finally started in texas.

3 Likes

“Diess connected the Tesla boss to VW’s management conference via video. Musk explained what was behind Tesla’s high productivity - and dispelled concerns about e-mobility.”

Let that sink in…

1 Like
1 Like

So what’s the gist of this, why is Musk talking to his competition’s management?

1 Like

He’s had a strange relationship with his competitors- I’m sure he visited VW a few years back to drive the ID3 (I think) before it had been released.

Tesla should be building good relationships with other manufacturers. When they all realise self driving is hard to build Tesla should licence their autopilot technology.

2 Likes

Sharing or probably licensing SFD with them. He said Tesla would share the technology. Elon wants the world to be a cleaner place.

3 Likes

That’s a great point re self-driving, I believe they also supply drive trains or are looking at doing that? So that would be to other car manufacturers, probably.

2 Likes

Tesla have always been about more than just manufacturing cars, I’m not trying to justify the current P/E but you get to see what it can be when you add

• FSD licensing & subscription
  • Drive Trains
  • Insurance
  • Battery Storage
  • Energy Trading
  • Solar roof / panels
  • Commercial freight
  • Charging network

And most of these with Apple like margins.

1 Like

This is quite a common mis-conception. Years ago when they were at start-up phase they supplied a small number of drive trains to Mercedes but that stopped in 2016. In theory, they could go back to selling components to other companies but that looks very unlikely as things stand.

1 Like

Have Tesla realised it’s hard to build yet? If he hadn’t slammed on the brakes this would have just rammed through the signs into a construction site. It’s failing to stop for an inanimate object in the road. This is the latest version as far as I know

3 Likes

I’ve watched a video of Tesla autopilot just navigating through a city and it looked a mess. Not just saying this is Tesla, probably all manufacturers are at a similar level. I think it’s just a really hard problem.

At some point in time they will switch over to non-autonomous driving being illegal. I think if they say all freeways/motorways have to be purely autonomously driven then that would be a good start and you could in theory have convoys of cars, reduce traffic jams and reduce wind drag.

2 Likes

They can’t do that till everyone has a car capable of it, and currently there are no cars capable of level 5 FSD. I think that point in time is decades away if ever

1 Like

The problem actually gets easier though if everyone has an autonomous vehicle, because human drivers are one of the major variables. They would have to bring in other regulations about how streetworks are reported and stuff like that, basically making the roads more autonomous-friendly.

3 Likes

Oh it is hard and they’re not done but they’re far closer than anyone else

1 Like

But are they? in terms of disengagements per mile driven Waymo are far ahead of everyone including Tesla. I think Tesla just talks it up more than the others

5 Likes