Tesla (TSLA) 🚗🔌 - Share Chat

The point I make on which you base (1) in your reply, was predicated on the assumption that we are in a bubble of historically noteworthy proportions. If a market itself is inherently overvalued, then your (correct) points about early warning signs in a company’s financials do not necessarily apply. To the degree that they do apply, the conclusion that Tesla was overvalued would have been reached long ago and therefore no-one of that school of thought would have been holding for the last couple of years.

As for your later point about JP Morgan. Americans have the right to sue the vendor over their being clumsy with a cup of hot coffee that doesn’t contain enough moron-proof warnings. Frankly I’m surprised we’re only talking about this happening in late 2021.

Tesla options activity is so outsized it could be having a significant effect on the Vix index’s correlation with general market volatility :open_mouth:

2 Likes

Some serious money must have been lost with these positions being unwound -

https://www.ft.com/content/4f8d65b3-6fe4-4bb9-9d13-2f8e7bf82d9f

You subscribe to the financial times? All my info comes from you… and google.

1 Like

I only get their free stories because I’m a cheap skate!

I have a list of site that I tend to keep tabs opens for, that and Google finance is a great help.

2 Likes

So it wasn’t a joke.

1 Like

If you Google the FT headline, you’ll get a link to read the story for free - it’s basically a free subscription that way

1 Like

So that’s how I get some and not others :man_facepalming:t2: great info!

1 Like

There’s an even simpler way too. Can’t PM you but if you want the link PM me.

1 Like

To read FT times articles for free, and other websites, you can click the ‘X’ before the pop-up loads.

Pretty sure I’ve done this on FT and it seems to work pretty often.

3 Likes
2 Likes

He’s a brave man, I’d be turning my twitter notifications off for a few weeks!

2 Likes

Interesting but I don’t like the 2 year lease thing as that is not how they review any other cars so will not be a like for like review. It would be great if all cars were done like this but as they are not then it is a very bad way to compare cars on a review site.

To complain about safety having to look at the central display is stupid as many cars have this and then the braking which he say happens with other cars but less often. I am pretty sure if it happened every hour as he claimed then it would have been pretty widely known/discussed for a very long time now.

Just sounds like a Clarkson/May/Hammond era reviews where they exaggerate anything to suit their narrative and more importantly this article probably got more clicks than his previews few years put together. :rofl: :man_facepalming:

Disclaimer - I don’t know what Tesla are like to drive and have no desire for one any more than I would like a new Volvo.

4 Likes
3 Likes

That story is almost 100% designed to make Tesla bears / value investor throw their phones out of the window.

There is so much nonsense Ain there it’s like a Q Anon group but after a few you find you self seeing the patterns.

4 Likes

Any semiologists on the forum!!! :grin: