Tesla Motors - TSLA - Share Chat

?
It has almost single handedly transformed the automotive industry from ICE to EV. ESG doesnt capture it but the impact of Tesla is a huge one. Regardless of your opinions on the future success of Tesla you should be concerned about ESG investing

1 Like

Itā€™s The S and G parts of ESG that Tesla are failing on, with accusations of racism, discrimination etc. and with Muskā€™s run ins with the SEC

1 Like

You are right. Basically ESG has become a scam. Musk is right the framing of ESG is questionable. Broad brush checklists donā€™t and canā€™t define ESG. People may have qualms and moral doubts about various businesses and they are entitled to that. But make no mistake about it, the ESG label today is a corporate good feel factor at best and at worst a cynical way to sell financial products to a particular demographic (Woke Capitalism). Look under the covers everyone just as @J4ipod94 has: donā€™t go by the label.

Yes, I agree it is because of Tesla that the EV ecosystem has been picked up by the bootstraps.

2 Likes

The point is that ESG is fundamentally flawed as a measure of merit to society

The first serious threat to Tesla globally.

1 Like

I can already hear the cries of ā€œno competitionā€ rumbling in the distance

1 Like

I donā€™t think any serious analysts are expecting Tesla to retain market share when the market is due to expand 6 fold by 2025.

1 Like

I agree. Teslaā€™s future is wrapped up in its whole product offering in addition to EVs.
There are two camps, those that see Tesla as an EV company and those that see it as much more e.g. robots, solar, energy storage etcā€¦
And there is no reason why it couldnā€™t be a disrupter in other future technologies.
At the moment I am in the second camp solely based on Muskā€™s performance to date.
I do have concerns over his most recent antics (Twitter) though!

1 Like

The question is how will the analysts value it i.e. if the margins stay up there and others canā€™t hit those margins then the valuation is probably in trouble.

Yes, Iā€™m waiting for the share price to reach my share average and then I want to sell (I realise I may be waiting a long time). His antics supporting the Republican Party and bullying staff for working from home is not something I want anything at all to do with!

2 Likes

If Tesla can continue their margin and increase delivery rates YOY then you can consider that section of their business a success. A decent amount of that margin can be attributed to their vertical supply chain and luxury factor. The difficulty valuing Tesla has always been the other aspect to their business.

2 Likes

How do I vote on these things as a shareholder via Freetrade?

Unfortunately, Freetrade donā€™t support elective corporate actions currently.

Me voting against every single one of the boardā€™s recommendations:

6 Likes

Pretty big loss for Tesla. Slightly concerning after the other cuts and leavers in the AD department.

4 Likes

Itā€™s too easy and probably lazy to draw Rasputin parallels but ā€¦

https://archive.ph/pY4gF

1 Like

Hi all,
Anyone on the Freetrade team know how to vote Tesla shares?
Any thoughts? Link to Tesla page below.

Hi @cesarecardia

Iā€™m not in team FT but right now Freetrade doesnā€™t support voting in corporate actions.

3 Likes

Thanks Neil.

1 Like

Iā€™m going to guess an earnings miss is coming.

1 Like