The First Ever Elimination Game!

Interesting idea, not sure about most of these but I certainly know my pick for Female CEO :stethoscope::computer::crown:

I feel like there should also be a meta contest to guess when the winner actually receives their prize - everyone picks a year and whoever is closest wins.

8 Likes

Bah, no idea about any of those catagories.

Can you fight cancer with lithium… or coal?

2 Likes

I’m in. Thanks for organising it. I think it’s going to be quite tough!

To double check - we only need to pick 4 stocks right? Not one from each category?

2 Likes

I see where Cameron is going with this . I’m hot on his tails …

Can a hoodie be split in half?

2 Likes

Yep that’s right @tubby_rokes 4 stocks from any of the listed categories. I think it will be quite hard, especially given the market is like catching falling knives at times.

2 Likes

Can we choose the same stock in different categories?
How many points will we be starting with?

1 Like

Good point I’ll add that. Nope 4 different stock and everyone starts the race in 0 points.

Thanks for organising this!

What happens to your points total when you sell your stock?

1 Like

You keep any points that your ‘sold’ stock accumulated wether that’s positive or negative. You might be in a position where you’re glad to get rid of something that’s dragging you down for the last 2 weeks, or you may have to ‘sell’ a good one.

1 Like

What is the definition of a tech titan?
Same question for fighting cancer / covid 19, i.e. has (or is working on) a product specifically to fight cancer / covid19 or can that include other diseases, i.e. general health / biotech?

1 Like

I have decided to use the Freetrade definitions, on the discover tab you can see the categories. Freetrade have still kept all of the European stock on one tab but you can search on the community for a country by country list if you prefer, like this.

I know the great and good from FT read these so -
Please can someone add Julie Sweet from Accenture into the Female CEO list. She only runs a pokey little $200bn consulting company and only made the Fortune’s Most Powerful Women list for 4 years in a row, but I think she could be squeezed in!

2 Likes

Thanks Neil. I can see tech titans in Discover but I cant see fighting cancer / covid. What am I doing wrong?

1 Like

Plus only?

1 Like

Oh didn’t know that could only been seen on Plus.

I’ll get them added on here to help with your choices

1 Like

4 Likes

I am going to get in early with confidence and go with

$AMD - AMD - Female CEO
$TIL - Instill Bio - Fighting cancer / Covid-19
$RACE - Ferrari - Sports stocks
$GOOGL - Alphabet - Tech Titans

You can just give me the prize now and save all the hassle of working out how much I won by if you like :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

5 Likes

Errr hang on, you have two I’ve already picked… In my head granted… :rofl:. But I guess overlap is allowed otherwise @NeilB will have a major headache :rofl:

1 Like

:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: I will accept you copying my choices :rofl: I will claim credit for anyone who does well using any of my predictions as they are all unheard of companies nobody would ever of thought about picking!!!

1 Like

If we tie, how about you have the Hoodie …& I get the random cupboard prize ? I’ve a feeling it could be something really special, like a stale tuna sandwich or a share in ARVL :rofl: ( I’m an ARVL investor, this is not investment advice)

1 Like

You can have over lapping, you could have the same choices. We’d only get in trouble if you did this and then chose to eliminate the same stocks at the same time as each other.

1 Like