MEGATHREAD: Freetrade Plus :plus_:

One can just not pay and keep the free version so it is not as if everyone will be forced into it.

4 Likes

I quite like your first suggestion of charging a percentage based on portfolio worth - it would be good to see a cap of Ā£10 if that approach was adopted.

I see no reason to cap it at 10GBP. Here is what HL charges:

On the first Ā£250,000 |0.45%|
On the value between Ā£250,000 - Ā£1m |0.25%|
On the value between Ā£1m - Ā£2m |0.1%|
On the value over Ā£2m |No charge|

Do we know that largest portfolio on Freetrade?

We are talking about the paid version here.The FT paid version in itā€™s current form is not comparable to even free/cheaper products in the market. The FT free version will be even less appealing and thatā€™s not even in the competition.

2 Likes

If the caps not lower than existing platforms there remains little reason to use the less mature platform - agree it doesnā€™t have to be Ā£10, I just put that as Ft have obviously decided thats a reasonable price point already.

1 Like

The thing is, the majority of Freetrade customers do not frequent this forum.

Back in June, there was apparently only about 7k on the forum (How should Freetrade boost the growth of this community?), so as weā€™ve surpassed 200k customers, us folk on here only represent a tiny percentage of Freetrade customers.

Freetrade has the tricky task of balancing the needs of the vast silent majority who might be happy with paying Ā£9.99 for Plus (or not, as the case might be)

14 Likes

To me it seems there isnā€™t enough there yet for most people to pay Ā£10 per month.

IMO it would be better to start it off cheaper and increase the price when more features are there. maybe give a discount for the the first year or something

I think it will definitely be worth it in future if we get access to stock markets that no other UK broker has

5 Likes

So, ermā€¦ not worth it really, unlessā€¦ unless included free spotrate, so i used to live in USā€¦ marriage sour, long story, so had to return to UKā€¦ looking at trading 212 and freetrade at momentā€¦ been some positives said about freetrade on you tubeā€¦
But with conversion, not taking much, think was 1 cent on 15 shares on a $50 stock i pretended i would have boughtā€¦ might not seem much, but when quick scalping and with transaction fee starts to add up likeā€¦
So yeah if for the $9.99 this spot rate is removed alsoā€¦ might be as i would look to scalp trade few times a day every day, be more than worth it thenā€¦ and might be more than willing to pay a flat rate fee for this likeā€¦ unlike trading 212ā€¦ saying i can not scalp and saying this of their CFDā€¦ which they apparently making their money from, which Iā€™m not really in favour of likeā€¦ Anyway appareciate a reply, thanksā€¦ GBUā€¦

1 Like

Yeah i thought a 4.99 or 5.99 would been way way more attractive, getting the 3 pounds isa thing, but then just a snippet more with so many benefits and or a 3 months at 4.99 then up to 9.99 is very clever ploy often used by lot of, you know, companies, out thereā€¦

1 Like

How do you scalp if pricing is not live?

That is literally the vision.

Iā€™m quite annoyed I donā€™t have straightforward access to the likes of Tencent.

8 Likes

Good point not joined yet, but i have tradingviewā€¦ so i assume it buys it liveā€¦ not sure freetrades set upā€¦ Ermā€¦
For instance, some times might get differing prices on one platform cause showing a delay, like on tradingview i realized cause not subscribed to LSE exchange, about $2 a month for exchanges that when had barclays or UK stock open, was 15 minute delayedā€¦

Surely ermā€¦ has to show some kind of real priceā€¦ not joined or tried this yet, all i will do is watch tradingview, then buy and sell based on thatā€¦ just need a platform to do it on likeā€¦

• The Freetrade universe is public. Everyone can take it and use it as they wish, e.g. to compare it to that of other stockbrokers, and identify investments only Freetrade has or those that maybe we should add and request them.
  • We started from a list of 600 investments and we provide you with over 1,600 now. Thatā€™s good going for a short amount of time, and weā€™ll continue. We prioritise stocks based on market cap, community requests and search queries, but again, the vision is to have every stock from every exchange.
3 Likes

like o Realty income hope in there, i liked trading kre I wonā€™t bother any more with ltc (These US stocks btw) ermā€¦ what else xlf and main like erm etfā€™s be coolā€¦ not checked things out yet maybe already do some of themā€¦
Like i said think scraping the spot rate 0.45% might then be worth if i traded a lot, going for the plus and no delays, so i can scalp if i wantā€¦ I donā€™t do stop losses, trade, if goes wrong i hold, average down, collect dividendsā€¦
But if goes right and shoots up i take it, even if not much, 40 pence, all adds up if do few times a dayā€¦
Love to see as prefer a web-based easy buy and sell live versionā€¦ like ally investā€¦ I moved to USA in 2014, started investment trading in April 2015ā€¦
Anyway back in UK now and looking at trading 212 and yourselvesā€¦ might join both more than likelyā€¦

I dont want to pay Ā£9.99 when im already paying cheaper Ā£3 for my ISA account.

Just keep the ISA thenā€¦

7 Likes

Nope.

1 Like

End of thread.

4 Likes

So what is the point of the Stop and Limit orders then?

What is the point of having a Ā£9.99 price then if people can stick to Ā£3?

Nobody asks to pay anything yet so impossible to answer your question yet. It is currently beta tested by early investors to gather feedback. The point of different order types is to have a better understanding of the price you get after completing the order.

2 Likes