The latest on the rollout

Wow :hushed: So is this 1200 (12 batches) ahead of those on the waiting list or is it concurrent with it?

I’ll keep an eye out for the next round for sure

Good shout. :wink:

We will add batches of 100 first, but we are looking to increase the batch sizes and to dramatically ramp up the pace as we go.

Ahead, but we are very keen to ramp up the pace of onboarding as we progress! :running_woman:

1 Like

5 posts were split to a new topic: Updates on the Android app

Hey guys, latest post on the final few tasks before trading!

4 Likes

MiFID is just the gift that keeps on giving :joy:

In all seriousness though, it’s great to see you’re nearly there and are making sure everything is working smoothly and securely :+1:

Ps. Where is @Rob?! He can avoid us on Twitter but surely not on the forum…

@tommy As a fully paid up card carrying bean counter, I do my best to stay out of the limelight! But don’t worry - I’ll be getting involved and giving my two-cents on the forum!

Spot on with MiFID II - we’re fortunate in that we have new systems that were designed with it in mind, I don’t envy those that have had to deal with on legacy systems…

8 Likes

Could Freetrade launch tomorrow May 1st ?
I think I’m becoming obsessed with checking my phone for updates !!!:blush:

4 Likes

Dear Richard, I’m afraid not tomorrow! :worried: But we are very close: Freetrade Invest Hub

We haven’t given an exact date because those tasks in the post represent a bit of a moving target. We expect the first live trade to occur very soon though!

We’ll let you know via the app as soon as there is progress. :wink:

We see a lot of demand for Freetrade from the EU; European expansion is actually one of the objectives of the upcoming CC raise!

I can’t give an exact date or timeline, simply because we hate setting timelines we can’t guarantee. But it’s an important priority.

More details from Adam on Europe here.

3 Likes

When are you likely to start admitting first users?

As per the insider information, soon. Just need to be a bit patient.

And here are the detailed reasons why there are reasonable delays.

3 Likes

I wonder if the crowdfund is resulting in a bit of a delay, both getting it organised and also maybe waiting to see if any investors qualify for free accounts, might be easier to onboard someone straight into a free account instead of setting up subscription then having to cancel it to switch it to free?

Just thoughts

The crowdfunding is locked in to start at 1pm on Wednesday (16th May). No delay!

In terms of enabling free Alpha, it won’t make a difference in terms of onboarding customers. :ok_hand:

Ah no I wasn’t implying the crowdfund was delayed, only that maybe crowdfunding was the top priority and thus slowing down account opening.

But just idle conjecture to fill space on my part.

1 Like

Ah, got it now! :man_facepalming: Our focus is on crowdfunding for the next few weeks indeed, but the product development is progressing behind the scenes.

1 Like

@adam has topped up his Freetrade account. :money_mouth_face: :fire:

9 Likes

We’ve done the first live trade today! Adam bought the FTSE 100 tracker VUKE.

This is how the process looked like. The backend looks quite unassuming, doesn’t it?

This is how the order appeared on the website of the London Stock Exchange. Adam went all in.

That’s the story of our first live trade!

Let’s see how long it takes for @rob_h to chime in with more technical details. :sunglasses:

8 Likes

Congratulations @adam and the entire @freetrade_team!

I bet it’s all feeling very real now?

Bring on 1pm tomorrow! :money_mouth_face:

3 Likes